But these muffins are just as healthy, if not healthier. There is no butter or oil. Very little sugar. Quinoa is incredibly healthy and packed with protein. I have found that quinoa, after it's cooked, can be used almost interchangeably with flour or oats. So don't be surprised if you find me making more recipes with quinoa!
I hope you give these muffins a try!
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees and line a
muffin tin with liners, then set aside.
2. Mix together in a large bowl:
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
3. Mix together in a small bow or measuring
cup, then add to dry ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
4. Fold in:
1/2 cup blueberries
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.


Ok, I'm trying these too, especially if they might be better than Gordon's! I am a little intimidated by quinoa, but I think I can handle it.
ReplyDeleteThese look really good! I have been looking for new recipes to use quinoa in and this looks like a great one! Thanks for sharing this, I can't wait to try it:)
ReplyDeleteShannon@CozyCountryLiving
For realz?! Muffins with quinoa! I love it! Pinned this!! Thanks for linking up at One Organic Mama! Hope to see you back on Thursday morning! Check out the FAB Features from THE Pin it Party #2!!
ReplyDelete