Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pink Stripes

Dress: Asos, Shoes: Jack Purcell, Bag: Nine West via DSW (old, loving this and this), Sunnies: Ray Ban, Watch: Kate Spade, Bracelets: (similar, similar)
 
 
This is my new favorite day dress. It is light and super comfortable. It's like wearing a big t-shirt. But a little cuter than a big, oversized shirt. It's hard to tell, but it not only has the stripes, but little Funfetti-like spots. Perfect for camouflaging any stains that one my get from some uncooperative ketchup and or diet coke. Not that I would know anything about that...

I wore this dress over the weekend when B and I took a trip up to Lake Norman, just north of Charlotte. I had been feeling cooped up in the house lately, so it was really nice to get out and explore a new part of the state. On our drive back, we stopped at Davidson college and walked around campus. I found a swing hanging from a big tree and couldn't help but take a swing. I can't tell you the last time I was on a swing, but it felt damn good. Everyone should go swing on the next swing they see. I'm pretty sure it knocks about 5 years off the ol' clock.

Linking up for I Feel Pretty, What I Wore Wednesday, Random Wednesday, Wildcard Wednesday, Pinterest Power Party, Trending Pretty  The Pin It PartyPinterest Power Party


16 comments:

  1. Cute! I love a good comfy day dress. I need to check out Asos; I see so many bloggers with great outfits from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress. I think stripes are awesome, and the short A-line (does that make me sound like I know something about clothing?) cut is really perfect for summer. Ahhh dresses in the summertime - one of my favorite things in the world.
    ~bethany

    Sorry! My OpenID didn't work, so I have to go the old-fashioned route today:
    beforeduringandafterblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tennis shoes with the dress! And that Kate Spade watch-Kill.Me.Now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek!! Such a cute dress!! Love love your watch! Thanks for linking up doll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes in the dress and bag!

    Joanna

    coastalcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously adorable dress, I'm in love!! :)

    xo, Ainslee

    abeautifulheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute dress! So perfect for spring/ summer. You just can't beat a cute comfortable dress! And I love it with the tennis shoes.

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress! I also adore that you paired it with those shoes... so comfy chic! xo

    By the way, I've updated my blog with a new post. I'd love for you to swing by :) www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a cute yet comfy dress! I have been to Lake Norman a few times over the years. Such a lovely place! NC is my home but I live in DC right now.

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This little dress is so cute! I love that last picture on the swing.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute day dress and I love that you paired with comfy shoes too! Thanks for linking up with us :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable and fun casual outfit! It flatters you and shows off your great legs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this dress! It is super cute! I'm all about the comfy dresses this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable. I love the arm candy! And stripes are always a good choice!
    Kallie :)
    PS. I found you through Wildcard Wednesday! I love your blog so much. I just started following you on GFC, I’d love if you’d check out my blog too, if you have a chance! But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!