Thursday, June 6, 2013

Friday Favorites No. 8

This week started on a low note. 3 words: Game of Thrones. But the reactions to this weeks episode has been just about as entertaining as the episode it self.

I'm sorry for harping on it. If you don't watch the show, you are probably so annoyed right now. I know how that feels...I didn't get into Lost until after the smoke monster. I was behind on Downton Abby. I never watched Sopranos. I've missed out on some big TV moments, too. So just bare with me. You can skip over anything related to GoT, and if you are catching up, I promise...no spoilers!

FAVORITE VIDEO
For those of you who reacted like I did, this video will give you some comfort that you were not alone. For those of you that don't watch, this will give you an idea what the rest of us felt. It's kind of long, but one of my favorite reactions is at the end, so you should at least skip ahead.



FAVORITE POST
Lisette from Northern Belle Diaries wrote a very couragous and beautiful post about the importance of getting your annual pap test. It is a MUST read for all women out there!

FAVORITE RECIPE
I probably say this about everything, but definitely 3 of my favorite things are pretzles, peanut butter, and chocolate. So, what could be bad about these no-bake bars from Julie at This Gal Cooks? Absolutely nothing, that's what!


FAVORITE PURCHASE
This week has bee a little out of hand spending wise. I am at home for some wedding related things. One of my favorite purchases was my wedding shoes! I have been struggling to find wedding shoes that I liked that didn't break the bank. I found these Badgley Mischka pumps on sale at Bloomingdales. In the end they were over 60% off!

FAVORITE TWEETS
There were a lot of great tweets on Sunday night, so here are just some of my favorites.







Today is kind of a big day, wedding wise! I finally get to see my venue in person (at least since I attended a wedding there 7 years ago). I am also doing my hair and make-up trial, then getting my dress fitted! Hopefully I will have some fun pictures to share next week!



What were some of your favorite things from the week? Link up, below! All I ask is that you follow my little blog on some platform (GFC, Bloglovin, Twitter, etc.) and that you link back and share the link-up with your readers!

If you would like to get a weekly reminder email about the linkup, enter your email address here.

11 comments:

  1. I watched the first few episodes of Game of Thrones and LOVED it, but then we turned our cable off.. and I haven't been able to watch it since. :(
    I didn't see a link-up link above.. so here is my link - http://www.mylifeandlemons.com/2013/06/letters-confessions-and-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite thing about this is all your wedding excitement!! hooray for finding shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my PB Pretzel Bars!

    I'm a book reader so I knew it was going to happen. It was still intense to see it played out on TV but I got a kick out of the hysteria from people who are only show watchers!

    Have a good weekend!

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of linky parties are broken today. Seems a site is down!
    I am at www.suchamama.wordpress.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Game of Thrones. OMG!!!!!!! I started to read the first book but did not get to that part before the show did. OMG!!! I am pretty upset by it all but I will say the Stark's aren't my favorite overall so I am still alright as long as Daenerys Targaryen stays alive - gotta love the dragons :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shoes are to die for! So much prettier than what I wore under my dress. That's what happens when you're husband is the same exact height as you & has a complex about looking short in wedding photos. Men can be such babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute shoes! And have fun with your hair and makeup trial and all of your other wedding stuff today! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shoes and I´d like to try that Peanut Butter Pretzel Magic Bars. Looks so yummy!;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I do not watch Game of Thrones - I heard the episode was pretty insane! And those shoes are a dream - LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never watched GOT or read the books, but it seems like a very emotional episode. I LOVE your wedding shoes, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are amazing! Happy to link up:)!! J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!