Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Cards

I have been debating back and forth about what to do for Christmas cards. I like to send out a little something every year, at least to my close friends. Of course, I could always do that again, this year. I think I even bought some Christmas cards on sale at Target last year post-Christmas that I can use this year. But then, of course, B and I just had our engagement pictures taken, so we will have a bunch of new photos we could use. Then to make the decision even more difficult, I keep seeing pictures like the ones below that make me want to take more holiday inspired pictures to use for Christmas cards.
source
source
I am definitely leaning more towards sending out a picture Christmas card. So I need to find a cute design that I can either have printed cheaply or print myself. Here are some of my favorite designs:
Shutterfly
Shutterfly
Shutterfly
TinyPrints
TinyPrints
TinyPrints
Etsy
Etsy

There is one thing that will make both Christmas cards and wedding invitations a little easier: Postable.com. I found it while I was browsing some wedding blogs and I was sold immediately. Basically it creates a private address book for you to store all your friends' and family's contact information. Don't have it? No problem! Send them a personal link which directs them to a form they fill out with their info. Then your address book is automatically updated! I will be definitely be using it to collect addresses for the wedding, but am also using it for Christmas cards! What a time/sanity saver!
Are you sending out Holiday cards this year?
Also, in case you missed it, I have a giveaway going on right now for a Target/Neiman Marcus collection Tory Burch lunch box filled with some of my favorite things (including a $10 gift card to Starbucks). It ends tomorrow, so enter now!!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

12 comments:

  1. LOVE that card that doubles as an ornament! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want that lunch box, even thigh i dont need it, lol!

    I loved pb&j sandwiches that she packed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo xmas cards. They seem more personable and memorable. I like the couple ones with the lights alot. We sent out our xmas cards last week. They included a short poem and 5 photos of my daughter in color and one black and white of me, the hubs and my daughter. I will be interested in seeing what you choose, im sure whatever it is, it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lindsay!
    Thanks for the reminder! I totally need to order my cards so I can send them out. <a href="http://www.esthernorinedesigns.blogspot.com>Esther Norine Designs</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent my Christmas cards on December 1, somehow. that never happens! I just do about 30 of them to family & close friends... just to keep in touch :)

    good luck finding what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your page from the Grow Your Blog party. I am glad I did. You have such great information here. I am now following you and I am off to enter your giveaway.
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mom used to pack Velvetta Cheese sandwiches for me all the time!
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the Grow Your Blog hop. I've decided not to do cards this year, it's just been too chaotic lately. It makes me a super bad DIY/Craft blogger, I know.... but life is just too crazy right now. New follower, I'd love to have you stop by Planned in Pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These Christmas cards are so cute! My husband and I need to get on the ball and get some ordered!!

    Krista @ Blonde Aesthetic
    www.blondeaesthetic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am looking for the right photo to send as a Christmas invite. Thanks for sharing Postable. I used other sites before but am looking for a site with more options. :)

    I'm your newest follower!! Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
    Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower from Find and Follow Hop.
    Hope you will hop over and follow me back.
    Also, I have a weekly link-up and I would love for you to add some of your ideas! It runs Wed-Fri. There is currently a give-away happening. Check it out!

    Be blessed,
    Julie @ Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk

    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/12/moms-library-8-for-me-and-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!