Monday, December 17, 2012

Our Early Christmas

This weekend got kicked off with sharing some big news with some of our friends. B and I will be moving to Charlotte, NC in about a month. B got offered a job out there and it was too good to pass up, so we are up an moving. I told my boss the news on Friday and then sent out some emails to my book club and our friends here in Texas. It will be sad to leave this state that I have grown so fond of over the past 9 years, but I am excited for our new adventures in North Carolina.

 Friday, B and I met up with his brother and brother's girlfriend at the Gaylord Texan Ice exhibit. The theme was "a Madagascar Christmas". I hope you guys appreciate the irony as much as I do.

Saturday, we braved the malls. Neither of us had done much Christmas shopping, so I made a list to make it easier on us. 

Even though I knew exactly what B was buying me, I made him wrap my gifts. Isn't he talented?

I think our Christmas shopping is complete and now the gifts are practically overflowing from under the tree.

B and I made a nice Christmas dinner for ourselves on Sunday night. Twice baked potatoes and steak covered in caramelized onions and a balsamic reduction. It was delicious. Even if we did set off the fire alarm. 

B enjoyed his stocking stuffers, especially the Cards Against Humanity Holiday pack. 


How was your weekend?

Linking up with Weekend Update and the GFC Collective

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey! I know exactly what I am getting for Christmas and it is all wrapped up. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your news! I'm sure you'll love North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I'm not alone! I made John wrap my gifts too even though I know exactly what I'm getting! I'm excited for you & your upcoming move!! And - last but not least. I got the lunch box and I LOVE it!! Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new move! I live in South Carolina(Columbia) and I love the mild southeastern weather. Following you from the GFC Collective link-up. Have a great one! :)

    Michell
    http://www.prowessandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! Found your blog through the blog hop, can't wait to get to know you more :)
    Rachel
    http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So your dinner looks amazing and now I am hungry! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!