Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Garden Party Dress

  Dress: Zara (similar - strapless), Shoes: BCBG via DSW (similar)


I fell in love with this dress the minute I saw it on the mannequin at Zara. It has a beautiful Oriental-esq floral pattern and a very classic shape. Like most things at Zara, I assumed it wouldn't fit well, but low and behold, it fit perfectly. It was meant to be! And, in case you can't tell from the pictures, it matched the shower decorations perfectly - butterflies and flowers!

I had brought a different dress with me to San Diego to wear for the shower, but this Zara dress easily blew that one out of the water. If I had planned to wear this dress before I left Charlotte (or if I had been willing to buy shoes to wear with it) I would have paired it with some orange or pink sandals. Actually, I can't take credit for that one, the orange shoes were my mom's idea. Fortunately, the only nice pair of shoes I brought with me worked perfectly. Best part, they were on clearance at DSW!

This was one of the other looks I was sporting that day:

Nice, huh? In case your wondering, I think the toilet paper is Charmin. ;-)


One of the best gifts I got at the shower was grandmother's grandmother (my great great grandmother's) china from 1893. I had hinted to Grandma that I would love to inherit it, but did not know that she would be gifting it to us for our wedding. I am beyond thrilled to keep it in the family. And even though we probably won't use it often, I can't wait to have a house with a china cabinet so I can display the beautiful pieces. 


Also, can someone please remind me to get some sleep before my wedding. Cuz those ol' bags under the eyes are not cute.


Linking up for I Feel Pretty, What I Wore Wednesday, Random Wednesday, Wildcard Wednesday, Pinterest Power Party, Trending Pretty  The Pin It Party

17 comments:

  1. dang! the shape of that dress is phenomenal! you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey that dress looks tailored to you! Gorgeous! Love Zara! Visited one for the first time when I took a trip up to Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! The setting is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress fits you like a glove, gorgeous! Yes rest up before the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty dress, and looks stunning on you!
    I have a similar one that I bought at H&M with the flowers and maybe the fabric (looks like it from the pics), but it is a halter top. And I loved it too when i first saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegantly chic dress! Love it!

    Visiting via the blog hop. I'd love for you to check out my site as I've updated with a new post :) www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is perfection! You look amazing in it for sure! Stopping by from Random Wednesday link up

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so feminine and very flattering. Perfect for a garden party. And what a sweet story about your grandma's china!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress and it looks so timeless and classic on you! Looks like an amazing shower and it is awesome that you will be getting your grandmother's china! Thanks for linking up with us again :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really great dress. Perfect for a bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is super lovely, I absolutely adore it. And it looks great on you!

    xoxo,
    Avo (www.avoslife.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great dress, and it I agree it fits you amazing!
    -Carylee
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by from the Floral Trend linkup! Love that dress, the floral details are so subtle. Its beyond perfect for a bridal shower!!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol love the Charmin. ; ) that dress is amazing! I wish we had a Zara here. Thank you so much for linking up!! ; ) See you next Tuesday in chambray.
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your dress! the style and cut and prints are all so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!