Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blog Lindsey vs. Real Life Lindsey


I'm starting to think that I am developing two separate personas. The Lindsey you know from reading the blog and then the real life Lindsey. Don't get me wrong, everything I post is authentic and honest, but I really only blog about the exciting weekends, successful baking experiments, the blog-worthy outfits, etc. There is a whole other side of my life that I don't blog about. Mainly because it would bore you!


For those of you that do not know me personally and read this blog regularly, here are some of the differences between the Lindsey you have met through the blog and the Lindsey you would meet in real life.

Blog Lindsey wears cute clothes, brushes her hair, and puts on makeup.

Real Life Lindsey works from home 3-4 days a week, wears workout clothes, sometimes doesn't shower, and definitely doesn't put on makeup unless she leaves the house.
...

Blog Lindsey loves to bake and and everything she makes turns out perfectly!

Real Life Lindsey likes to bake, mainly so she can eat the end result...even if they end up burned, undercooked, or funny looking.

...
Blog Lindsey is planning her dream wedding and enjoying every single second of it.

Real Life Lindsey would have eloped 12 months ago. But she sure does feel pretty in her wedding dress.

...
Blog Lindsey might be mildly outgoing, clearly willing to share her life with complete strangers.

Real Life Lindsey is introverted. She sometimes avoids people altogether and is occasionally embarrassed by her outgoing fiance.
...

Blog Lindsey is super sweet and will never say a bad word about anyone, except maybe Ann Hathaway and Nickleback. She will never get involved in any drama on Twitter.

Real Life Lindsey is not always that sweet, and can sometimes be a bit of a bitch, especially if she is hungry.

...
Blog Lindsey is politically correct. She will never discuss anything remotely political or controversial.

Real Life Lindsey has very clear (yet open minded) opinions about a number of very controversial topics that may surprise you.

...
Blog Lindsey is kind of a girly girl. She obviously likes to bake, loves to shop, has way too many shoes. She hates to camp.

Real Life Lindsey can be kind of a tom-boy. She grew up playing every sport under the sun, is involved in a number of Fantasy Football leagues, and can hold her own taking sports with the guys. She also hates to camp.

...
Blog Lindsey wants to be more like Pioneer Woman, Blair Eadie and Erica Domesk combined.
Real Life Lindsey wants to be more like the blog Lindsey.


Linking up for: The Bloglovin Collective, Thursday Thoughts



22 comments:

  1. Lol love this! Thanks for being so honest, it's so easy for us bloggers to get caught up in looking like we have it all together. It's refreshing to see posts like this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful idea for a post. I love your candidness! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Taylor
    http://liveandmove.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Friend Connect Blog Hop.
    Cohost @JLenniDorner

    OMG! What a great post. I may need to borrow your idea here. This is just so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome, I love it! I love blog Lindsey (and real life Lindsey I suppose :])

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first met blog Lindsey and I've also met real life Lindsey, honestly shes just pretty awesome either way. Meredith also doesn't get camping..hello hotels are so nice and pretty and have bathrooms

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha you know I'm with you on the eloping! and. actually, the Real Life Lindsey sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to get to know her, too!

    p.s. I'm never that upset when cakes turn out wonky or break in half because it means you get to use frosting as filler or glue and who can be mad about more frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! And I think we can all agree that we are in the same boat. What a fun post idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was too cute, but I know how you feel. Even though everything I post on my blog is 100% me, that me isn't always the me that everyone in my real life knows. It's a funny balance.
    xx

    mysmallrayofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great post! I know exactly what you mean, I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!!!! It is so true we are different on our blogs than in life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA! I so relate to this. I'm trying to let more of "Real Rachel" out just because "Blog Rachel" can be exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT post - I need to do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahahahaha, isn't this the truth though! I think every blogger could make a really entertaining post like this! :)

    Amberly
    http://lifewithamberlyandjoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I think that this is something that all bloggers have in common.

    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really good post! I totally understand. My online personality is way cooler and wittier than my real personality. I tell my husband that I hope our kid grows up to be just like his online mama. And I feel you on the eloping! Planning a wedding didn't seem like it'd be THAT stressful and time-consuming until I was in too deep!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great post. I definitely feel you about wearing makeup and pretty outfits (even though I don't do outfit posts) I am hardly ever "made up" in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This made me laugh.

    I am pretty much alike in my real life and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! Too funny in the differences from real life and blog life. I think everyone really tries to put their best front up for the blog world. And on a side note, I hope your wedding invitations were perfect! Can't wait to see them...later on. Happy addressing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! Yes, most of us do put our best foot forward for the world to see. Much more enjoyable reading than those who just complain all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am sure that many bloggers do these things but just don't admit it. :) I am introverted as well.

    We eloped and it was great. We felt that our wedding was about us, not the guests (no offense meant to those who have had weddings, but we had a lot of people who thought we "should" do this or that, and got sick of hearing it).

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love this! It's funny how what we write is true yet sort of not because we leave out so much of ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!