Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Floral is the new Black

Dress: Zara, Shirt: Limited (similar), Shoes BCBG via DSW (similar), Sunnies: Cole Haan (similar)



Thanks to my trip home the week before last, and B's last minute trip to Dallas last week, we had hardly seen eachother in the last couple weeks. Fortunately, he was able to get an early flight home on Sunday and I him out on a, "Happy You're-Not-a-Father's Day", date.

He assumed that my motivation for going out was to just get out of the house since I had been cooped up all weekend. You want to know what my real motivation for going out was? This dress. I have been dying to wear it since I brought it home from San Diego.

Obviously, the floral print is what drew me in, but its also long enough that I can even wear heels. Its light weight and doesn't feel weighed down, but not sheer. It also has a wonderful back detail, which you can see here on Seersucker and Saddals

Zara is killing it for me right now. There are at least a dozen other things that I want to buy, but the purse strings aren't quite that loose. I guess it's good there isn't a store anywhere near me. But please don't remind me that they now have online shopping and ship for free. I do not need the temptation.



Linking up for I Feel Pretty, What I Wore Wednesday, Random Wednesday, Wildcard Wednesday, Pinterest Power Party, Trending Pretty  The Pin It Party

25 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous maxi dress! I love the white background and the chambray is the perfect topper. This is totally something I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your outfit! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That floral dress is beautiful. And love it paired with a chambray shirt.

    Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous on you Lindsey! And I love it with the chambray :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress Lindsey! and I love your blog. So happy that I found you :)

    - Jen
    Boone+Owl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love that floral maxi dress withe he denim top! That would be perfect to linkup with my floral linkup from yesterday. ; )
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am obsessed with that Maxi dress!! Love that white with the watercolor print. Come stop by my blog to join the trend spin linkup...this weeks trend is FLORAL and would be perfect for your outfit!

    xoxo
    Erin
    The Fashion Canvas

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Zara dress was made for you!!! Love this look!

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. UMm... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I totally agree with Lauren- that dress was made for you!! :) I am so inspired by this!! I love florals and am never brave enough to wear them! After this post I totally am!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the print on the maxi dress! It's so summery!
    http://whyidodeclaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the floral maxi, so pretty! Thanks for linking up with us again :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you tied the chambray over the dress. I love florals. Isn't it funny how a particular outfit or piece clothing can motivate us to get out of the house?

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pairing! The print in the dress is really pretty. I don't own a chambray shirt but I see one in my future!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, love that dress! So pretty. Zara is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! This outfit is perfect!! Love that dress, especially when paired with a knotted chambray shirt!

    xox

    Jordan

    http://thattallgirlinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um this outfit totally worked for Chambray too!! haha...hit two birds with one stone. Hope to see you next week as well!!

    Thanks for linking up your chambray outfit to the Trend Spin linkup!

    xoxo
    Erin

    The Fashion Canvas

    ReplyDelete
  17. This dress is gorgeous! I seriously love it so much! I have never been to Zara, but I am thinking that is a good thing because I'm always seeing cute things of theirs online!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the dress with chambray! If you get a chance, please link up to my What We Wore Party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-we-wore-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the dress and how you partnered it with the denim top :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is gorgeous and I LOVE those shoes!! I would love for you to come link up to my Sunday Style Link Up :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love, Love, LOVE that dress!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that dress! The pattern is perfect and I'm sure it's going to be super versatile for you :)

    xo, Jessica
    xolovelovelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!