I will tell you though, its been hard! During those first couple days after we got engaged I couldn't stop thinking about wedding things. And I probably did a couple Google searches of wedding venues, historical weather data, wedding dress shops in Dallas. You know, probably things like that.
There have been a few things that I had to do while I was at work. When I was booking my venue, I needed to scan and send the paper work, which is just easier to do in the office. The emails I exchanged with the venue to confirm the date were during work hours, too. Fortunately, it only took a matter of minutes and not hours.
But now that the big tasks have been accomplished, I am going to get strict with myself about making sure wedding planning doesn't overwhelm my workday. I have come up with a list of rules for myself:
1. Absolutely NO Pinterest! I can pin all I want when I get home. If I dare open Pinterest at work I will just get sucked in.
| Source |
2. If I have a thought, idea, or question, instead of immediately looking it up on the internet, I will write it down and look it up when I get home.
| Source |
3. If I absolutely must look something up before I get home, I can only look once I have completed everything on my task list (or if I am eating lunch at my desk).
The one thing that I will allow myself to do without feeling any guilt is figuring out wedding songs. When I just need to focus and don't want to be distracted about whats going on around me, I just turn on Pandora on my cell phone and put in my ear bugs. Any time I come across a good wedding song, I write it down.
I am lucky to have coworkers and a boss who don't mind hearing about my wedding planning progress, and sometimes even encourage ideas. One of my coworkers just got married in April, so she is full of advice. When I finally set the date, she was the first person I told, other than B, because I was just so excited to tell someone.
And I think she was happy to have a distraction from work for just a few minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!