Saturday, September 8, 2012

Craft Day Saturday

It's Saturday again, and by now most, if not all, college football seasons have gotten underway. Not to mention professional football. With fall just around the corner, and all types of football (fantasy, college, pro, etc) taking center stage, I thought today's Craft Day Saturday would be all about football/school spirit!

I must start things off with Martha, because she is the queen of crafts. I love this table runner with yard markers for a tailgate or watch party. And, of course, the football coasters.

Football Field Runner and Football Coasters
If I were still in college, I would totally sport a t-shirt dress to the games. Now, I just think I am too old to them. But they are still really cute!

Game Day Dress
When B and I get a house, I can almost assure you that one room will have a Baylor theme, and a print like this would be perfect in there. This Subway print could be easily recreated on canvas, wood block, or paper.

Subway Scroll Art Print
For something a little more subtle to work into the home decor, these coasters would be pretty easy to make. I have made similar coasters using bathroom tiles from Home Depot and Baylor logo stickers with a sealant on top. I bet you these are made the same way!

Alabama Logo Coasters
For a big football watching party, these vases would be pretty cute! Just like the she said, even though its a guys game, there is no reason the space can't look pretty.


Football Vase
Got some ribbon scraps laying around? This wreath is for you! Sara at Mom Endeavors made this wreath with red, black, and white ribbon and a circle cut out of cardboard. Easy peasy!

School Spirit Ribbon Wreath

Some other crafts I would like to make are a Baylor doormat, either painting it like they paint the end zone, or just with the school logo. Also, at this store in Waco I saw this really cute burlap pillow cover with "Sic 'Em" painted on it in a stylized font, which I think would be pretty easy to do with some paint and a home made stencil.

Do you have any football or team-spirit related crafts planned?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!