Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Guest Post: Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes

Its been a week since B and I set out on our moving adventure. Granted we were delayed a day due to weather. But I feel like stuff is finally coming together!

Today I have asked Jess from Blonde Meets World to guest post! Jess' blog was one of the first that I started to follow, and I have loved getting to know all about her through her super fun blog! She is sharing an awesome recipe with us today. I mean, how can you not like beer and cupcakes?

I'll let her take it away...

Hi, I'm Jess!
I'm little, loud, and love having a good time!  Boston born & raised yet I don't have a Boston accent (I can't stand the way they sound).  The only thing about my speech that would give away my roots is my overuse of the word "wicked".  I blog over at my little space called Blonde Meets World.  A huge thank you to Lindsey for asking me to guest post & good luck with your move!


It took me awhile to decide what to write about.  I don't typically post recipes to my blog, though I'm not sure why because I love to bake.  I might not be the greatest at it, but I certainly give myself an A for effort.  Since Lindsey shares a decent amount of recipes I decided this would be the perfect time to share one of my favorites (given to me from a dear friend), Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes.

I am a beer girl through and through.  I'm also a cupcake fiend.  So why not combine the two?  And yes, I promise you they are as delicious as they sound!  These are definitely in my top 5 out of all the desserts I've managed to whip up.  I certainly suggest trying them yourself (but don't blame me if ya hate 'em!) since they are super easy.

(cupcake) INGREDIENTS:
  • can of Guinness stout
  • whole milk (1/2 cup)
  • vegetable oil (1/2 cup)
  • vanilla extract (tablespoon)
  • 3 large eggs
  • fine salt (1/2 teaspoon)
  • baking soda (1 1/2 teaspoons)
  • natural unsweetened cocoa powder (3/4 cup)
  • granulated sugar (2 cups)
  • flour (2 1/2 cups)
  • sour cream (3/4 cup)


(frosting) INGREDIENTS:
  • natural unsweetened cocoa powder
  • powdered sugar (1 pound)
  • heavy cream (1/3 cup)
  • fine salt (just a tiny bit, a pinch)
  • room temp cream cheese (8 ounce package)


(cupcake) DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Line your cupcake pan with liners (duh! Do I even need to include that?)
3. Whisk together the Guinness, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.  
4. Once that is all combined, whisk in the eggs one at a time.  
5. After the eggs are combined completely, whisk in the sour cream.
6. In a second bowl whisk the baking soda, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder.
7. Gradually combine your second mixture into the Guinness mixture (first bowl).
8. Pour your mixture (evenly) into your cupcake pan.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes  Be sure to let cupcakes cool completely before removing from pan to frost.

frosting DIRECTIONS:
1. Put your cream cheese and salt into a bowl (preferably an electric mixer) and beat until light and fluffy.  I usually use the medium speed on mine and it only takes a couple minutes.
2. Still on medium speed, gradually beat in the heavy cream until smooth.
3. Still on medium speed, gradually mix in powdered sugar until the entire mixture is smooth.
4. Frost your cupcakes once they are completely cooled and then spinkle cocoa powder & sprinkles on top if desired!
5. EAT UNTIL YOUR HEART IS CONTENT! 


Thanks for reading if you've made it this far and I hope you stop by my little corner and introduce yourself! (And if I ever come up with a diet version of his recipe I'll be sure to post it.  I just haven't had enough motivation yet!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!