Monday, May 27, 2013

Painting the Town Red

Actually, it was a bookcase and it's techically called "wet coral". See #6 below.

It was last Memorial Day weekend that B and I got engaged. We had spent the weekend in Denver to celebrate a friends wedding when he popped the question. To celebrate the 'anniversary' of the occassion, I thought I would surprise B with a trip up to Ashville. The plan was that B would get home early from work on Friday, and as soon as he got home we would immediately drive up to the mountains, stay at the Inn at the Biltmore, and have a nice romantic weekend.

Trouble was, I didn't come up with this plan until the week before, which was too late. Nearly every decent place in Ashville was booked, and at some point I just gave up. So, B and I just stayed around town and had a nice boring relaxing weekend. He went golfing, I painted a bookcase.

1 & 2. We had a great dinner at a restaurant where they had wine on tap, appropriately named Napa.
3. With little help from me, B bought a pink (or purple) shirt. I had to get photographic evidence.
4. We saw Hangover 3. Which was....fine.

5. We sold off all but one piece of furniture, to make room for our new furniture which will hopefully arrive this week.
6. The nearly finished bookcase. Also the point at which I realized I probably bit off more than I could chew.
7. I finally got to lay out and got some quality reading in.
8. Cheers to a three-day weekend!

What did you do with your long weekend??

Linking up with Weekend Shenanigans, This Weekend I, The GFC Collective, Mingle Monday, I Heart Bloglovin, Google Friend Conect, Bloglovin Linkup

5 comments:

  1. LOVE Asheville, it is one of my favorite places!! Glad you had a great weekend (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the bookcase turned out (was totally following via Instagram), so you rocked it! Happy Monday Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your weekend! Bummer that Hangover 3 was only just "fine". Maybe I'll wait until it comes to On Demand... LOVE that coral paint color you chose! I'm going to be painting an ombre coral dresser soon.

    Super cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laying out sounds amazing! We got some sun time at Ryan's relatives' lake house this weekend! Yeah for new furniture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!