Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10 Pieces Every Woman Should Have by 30

I recently came across this post over on Who What Wear, and I decided to take my own inventory of how I am doing with this list. I have about a year and a half until I hit 30, so I have some time to complete any of the pieces I am missing.

1. A Trench Coat

I do own one trench coat, but it is green and I got it on sale at the Gap about 5 years ago, so I don't think that counts. One day, I would love to own a Burberry trench coat, but I doubt that day will be before I'm 30.

2. A Respectable Luggage Set
Thanks to our wedding registry, I do own a nice luggage set. Check that off the list! We registered for the DVF luggage, mainly because it is lightweight, yet durable, and it is not black or navy like all other luggage sets.

3. A Made-By-You Vintage T-Shirt
I have a ton of t-shirts left over from college. One of my favorites is the very first Baylor shirt I got while visiting campus as a senior in high school. But, my absolute favorite is a shirt that my dad wore when he was a student at Notre Dame, so it really is vintage. Unfortunately, I can't find it! I am sure it got tucked away during our last move, but I am going to be really upset if I lost it. 

4. A Gift To Yourself

Well, I have probably gotten myself lots of gifts over the years. I like to buy myself new purses or shoes for my birthday. But none of those things have been terribly expensive. Maybe for my 30th birthday I will get myself an extra special gift.

5. A Signature Accessory
I don't own or wear a lot of jewelry on a day to day basis. It was even a struggle at first to remember to put my engagement ring on after a shower. At this point in time, though, my signature accessory is the necklace that B got me on our first anniversary. It is the one thing, other than my wedding rings, that I wear every day.

6. A Go-To Interview Blazer
JCrew
I don't go on interviews very often, which I guess is a good thing. If I had to go on an interview tomorrow, I can't actually say that I have an interview blazer. The only "work suit" I own doesn't quite fit me anymore, so I should probably update my interview blazer.

7. Solitaire Diamond Earrings
Tiffany and Co
I know that B thought about getting me earrings as a wedding gift, but he didn't go through with it. (Don't worry, what he did end up getting me was even more awesome). Maybe the earrings will be gift I give myself on my 30th birthday. Kill two birds with one stone (or two)!

8. A Sexy Set of Lingerie
Well, this is none of your business. But I did just get married and have a lingerie shower, so you can jump to your own conclusions.


9. A Designer Wallet
Does a Kate Spade wallet count? If it doesn't then I choose this one. I'm not sure I would want to spend an arm and a leg for a wallet because mine get pretty beat up. Why spend $500 on something that is just going to get pen marks and lipstick stains all over it?

10. A Lipstick Shade the Suites You
I'm not a lipstick wearer, but I have recently found the best shade of lipstick for me. I love it! I bought it to wear for my wedding, and since then I have convinced 3 other people to buy the same shade, Rose. It's just universally flattering. And this Chanel lip gloss is pretty amazing. It stays on no matter how much eating, drinking, or kissing you do!

Can you think of any other pieces a woman should have before she turns 30? Or are there any listed above that you don't think are necessary?

10 comments:

  1. I will be showing this to my hubby and telling him that I just need diamond earrings! Love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I have the two Jewelry ones (both before 30). working on making a lipstick shade that I call MINE, but not yet. Really want some really FUN luggage you can find on the carousel fast, and others say "oh I like your bag". And I did buy myself shoes for my birthday!! no on the trench and blazer and I agree with you on the wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have everything but the wallet, as of now, so it feels like I'm really on top of things. Haha But I share your feelings about the wallet. My husband was planning to buy me a Chanel wallet to match my Chanel purse while on our honeymoon, but the price was almost as much as a brand new Louis Vuitton bag. So, yeah, I passed on the wallet and picked the purse as my present. Oh, and I really like that luggage set, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this and have never really truly thought of what I "should" have or not have. Good contemplation... I think every good woman should have a nice purse by the time their 30! I know we all buy lots and lots of them but the one "prize" purse you should say! I at least hope I own one by the time i'm 30- Chanel or Burberry to be exact :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I am 30 and majorly slacking. I need a new trench, my wallet is Kate Spade and I haven't bought a gift for myself that is crazy pricey. Love your luggage set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that every woman needs all of these, but especially diamond solitaire earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list! I am a bit nervous, as I owned approximately 6 of your 10 things before 25... Most were gifts though! I couldn't agree more on the wallet, mine are beat down so fast from the contents of my purse it wouldn't be worth it to spend a lot of money on it.
    ~Krista
    kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list. And Kate Spade absolutely counts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more, especially on #s 1, 5, and 10.
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun list! I'm still working on the lipstick shade and have always said that someday I'll treat myself to something really nice. I received a pair solitaire diamonds a few years ago and I would say they've become my signature accessory since I hardly ever take them out so 5 & 7 are one and the same for me. I couldn't agree more with having a go-to trench coat and blazer. They are just so timeless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!