Being that our wedding probably won't be until Q4 2013 (sorry, still in business mode), there aren't many decisions that we have to make right away. One that we would like to get settled soon is the venue, which I talked about on Thursday. When I started looking into the reception venues, a lot of them offer great, affordable options for outdoor ceremonies with terrific scenery.
![]() |
| Carrie McCluskey Photography |
I really fell in love with the idea of having a ceremony outside right on the water. I am hoping that the weather will cooperate with us and we will have clear and sunny skies to make for beautiful pictures and happy guests.
My mom, on the other hand, would prefer I get married in a church. I completely understand her reasoning, but what is more beautiful than God's own created earth, right?!
![]() |
| Planningforever.com |
Since the church I attended with my mom is in La Jolla, about 15 miles and 30 minutes away, I am not considering it as a possible site for the ceremony. I have, however, always thought about getting married at the church right down the road in Point Loma. The sanctuary is really beautiful (although it has been redone lately and I have not seen it). White-washed walls and clear glass windows. The only downside, other than the bright orange carpet, is that it costs more than all of the non-church venues I have been looking at.
So now I am starting to doubt myself. Will I regret not getting married in a church (especially if it rains)? Will I have wished I had gotten married on the water when the day turns out the be perfect? Do I really want my out-of-town guest to be driving around a city they are unfamiliar with? Am I making a bigger deal out of this than I need to because in the end B and I will be married and that is all that matters? (B is going with this last one)
I have a date reserved at one of the venues for their outdoor ceremony and reception areas until Wednesday, so I have a couple days to make up (read: change) my mind.
I may need to test out that coin-flip trick.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!