As much as I wish I could invite every one of my Facebook friends to my wedding, that's just not possible. (And lets be honest...I don't really....)
And, as much as I love hearing about other people's wedding plans on Facebook, I don't necessarily want everyone hearing about my wedding plans, and I'm sure there are quite a few who would rather not hear about them. I have also heard horror stories from friends who have had people assume they are invited to the wedding because they hear all about it on Facebook, which makes for very awkward conversations later on. I like to avoid awkwardness whenever possible.
Sure, I could just not post anything about my wedding. But when I find THE dress. Or finally set a date, I will probably want to share it with some people. Key word. SOME.
Fortunately, I found a way to limit who would be able to see any posts I make about the wedding. And its super easy!
Step one: On the left hand side of your homepage, hover your mouse over the "Friends" heading. Click on "More" when it pops up.
Step two: Create a new list.
Step three: Name your list and add the friends that you want. Hit create when you are done.
Step four: Next time you post anything about your wedding, just select the list you created (i.e. mine is called "Wedding").
The only people who will be able to see that post will be the friends you added to your "Wedding" (or whatever you called it) list.
Now, you might be wondering why I would restrict who can see Facebook posts about my wedding, then blog about said wedding. That's a great question. I don't have a good answer, other than I know most of my Facebook friends won't read this.
Hope this helps!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!