...would I do anything differently?
Would I pick another venue? No, I think I will still choose the same venue and the same wedding package that we are currently going with. Would I be less concerned about the number of people we invite? Absolutely! When your wedding costs anywhere from $40-$100 per person, money adds up quickly! We are being pretty strict with our guest list. Initially I was going to allow everyone a guest, but when the guest list crept past 160 people (I know it may seem small to some, but we can barely afford 100 people, let alone 160 people), I decided I would be 'that' bride. I'm sorry if I ever said anything bad about 'that' bride before, but I totally get it now. I don't want to pay $40-$100 for a person I don't know or isn't, truely, important to someone I do know. Yes, I will allow people to bring their boyfriends/girlfriends, as long as I know they are serious. But if they aren't, they don't get a plus one.
Would I spend an ungodly amount of money on a dress? Maybe. The practical side of me just can't justify spending $5,000 or even $2,000 on a dress I will wear once...maybe twice (for pictures). Would I spend an ungodly amount of money on shoes? Hell yes! And I am going to be honest, I still might. If I spend WAY under budget on my dress I am allowing myself to spend the difference on the shoes. Even B agreed (I though he wouldn't). Plus, I would totally wear the shoes again! But if money weren't an issues, I would buy a pair of Louboutins without even batting an eye.
![]() |
| Christian Louboutin |
Would I hire a band instead of a DJ (or DIY)? Yes, I think I would. I think bands can be worth the extra money (if you have it) and they get the crowd up and moving. I want to make sure that my guests are having a good time, and since I am not going to be the type of bride that tears up the dance floor, I think the band can take some of that responsibility off my shoulders.
![]() |
| 52 Week Wedding Planner |
Would I have an open bar? B would say yes, I would say probably no. I know some of my guests might take too much advantage of the full bar and I just don't need people getting out of control. I would, however, have more drink options other than beer and wine. I would love to do some signature cocktails. Probably a mojito (B and I fell in love with them on a trip to Miami. The Clevelander has the best), lemon drop (I love anything with lemon), and maybe some sort of soda-whiskey drink (like B's favorite Jack and Coke).
![]() |
| Heart Love Weddings |
Would I have a wedding cake? While wedding cakes can be really beautiful, B and I aren't huge fans of wedding cake. I mean, I will eat it if you put it in front of me. But I don't really like frosting or fondant, so I just eat the cake. B and I were thinking of doing s dessert bar with apple pies (his favorite), my mom's cheesecake (a family favorite), and my step-mom's cupcakes (better than a bakery). Unfortunately, the venue we are going with won't allow outside food except cake or cupcakes. We will probably still do my step-mom's cupcakes and then buy a few different cakes to save money. But since money isn't an issue, and I have already stated that we will be staying with the same venue, I would probably get a fun wedding cake and grooms cake.
![]() |
Would I DIY my invitations? Yes, I would almost certainly get them letterpressed. Who doesn't love letterpress? Plus, I wouldn't have to stress out and spend time doing them myself. Definitely worth the extra money...if I had it.
![]() |
| Cheap Wedding Favors |
The moral of the story is that there are only a few things I would change if money weren't an issue. I know that having more money won't make my wedding any better, and it certainly won't change the fact that B and I will be married. It will just make planning a little easier. Hell, I could hire someone to do it all for me. Oh yeah, would I hire a coordinator? HELL YES!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!