In keeping with the theme my blog, I thought I would keep it more wedding related, which isn't hard because most of my favorite movies are sappy, romantic, and probably involve a wedding.
Favorite [wedding] movie of all time?
My Best Friends Wedding
I love Julia Roberts, and while I am not a huge Cameron Diaz fan, she was pretty good in this movie. When I was a dramatic teenager, I thought I would end up like the Julia Roberts' character. I was always the "friend" and never the "girlfriend". Fortunately for me, that's not the case. And, bonus: B doesn't have a female best friend trying to steal him away, either!
Favorite movie quote?
My Best Friends Wedding has a few good ones:
Julianne (Julia Roberts):No. Crème brûlée can never be Jell-O. YOU could never be Jell-O.
Kimmy (Cameron Diaz): I HAVE to be Jell-O!
Julianne: You're never gonna be Jell-O! Now you need to come clean with your parents about this wedding because if you wait for the "Do you take this man?" part, it's considered poor form.
Julianne: He just came in for few hours to uh, to uh, F*CK ME.
George (Rupert Evert): Huh! Takes a few hours?
Best movie to watch for a girls night in?
You can't go wrong with Love Actually or the Holiday. Or how about a few episodes of Downton Abbey? Also, watching some classics can be a lot of fun. It's hard to get your guy to sit down and watch classic movies with you, but your girls might!
![]() |
| Also Like Life |
I have always loved Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. If you get the chance, check it out. Its got everything you need: singing, dancing, love (although, a little chauvinistic at times...but in the most romantic way), marriage, and funny names like Dorcas.
Best breakup movie?
So, this is going to probably sound somewhat trite, but I have never had to go through a break up. B is my only real relationship. The other guys I dated before him, just kind of ended. There was no talk, no crying, no dramatics. We were just done, does that make sense?
My point is, I don't have a good breakup movie. But back when I was a dramatic teenager, and I thought my heart was broken, I loved watching What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Strange choice? Maybe. But its not really a love story, so you don't have to worry about that. And its sad. And when I am sad, sometimes I just want to be sad and cry. This movie will make that happen.
A good one that's more current is Crazy Stupid Love with Ryan Gosling and Steve Carrel. Even if its just for this:
![]() |
| Hollywood Young Blood |
Favorite celeb eye candy?
See above. But only in Crazy. Stupid. Love.
![]() |
| Ask Men |
Which movie stars closet would you want to raid?
I wouldn't want to raid her closet all the time, just in this one instance. Anne Hathaway wore a beautiful Valentino dress to the 2010 Met Gala.
![]() |
| Style Sizzle |






Love your post! That quote from my Best Friends Wedding makes me laugh every time :)
ReplyDeleteI thought Crazy Stupid Love was great! Cool movie choices
ReplyDelete