This weekend, B and I had a very serious talk. There was some bickering. Some name calling. A few F-bombs exchanged.
What were we discussing?
Where to go on our honeymoon.
Basically, B wants to go everywhere. South Africa, Brazil, France, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Argentina, Hawaii, Bora Bora, Aruba, the Caribbean.
Normally, he is the rational one in the relationship so I get to be the frivolous one. But now I am forced to be the rational one, which does not suit me well.
We are getting married in October and taking our honeymoon over Thanksgiving week because I don't have a ton of vacation time like he does. But taking a honeymoon so late in the year means that our options are limited. And needless to say, funds are limited as well. So basically we need to find some place we both want to go to, we can afford to go to, doesn't take forever to travel to, and where the weather will be decent.
Do you know how many places that eliminates? A LOT!
We have narrowed it down to 3 options. We are going to keep an eye out for deals and if plan A doesn't work out, then we will fall back on B, and so on. Here are our options:
Plan A: Argentina
| Los Andes, Mendoza, Argentina |
Neither B and I have been to South America, so that is a huge plus. Our time frame actually works in our favor for Argentina because it will be their Spring, almost Summer. Also, if we can find a great deal on airfare, then the trip could be very reasonable. Argentina offers a lot of great travel options like beaches and wineries, plus we could explore their cultural and historical sites.
Plan B: Tuscany
| Tuscany, Italy |
The weather may not be balmy and it may not be a great place to just sit on the beach and relax, but we could probably find a pretty good deal on airfare if we keep an eye out. I have been to Rome and surrounding areas a couple times, but would love to go back. It is a huge con for B though. He would rather go somewhere I haven't been. But I think B would love to explore the area and all the history that comes with it, and honestly I would love to see it through his eyes.
Plan C: Hawaii
| Maui, Hawaii |
A lot of pros for honeymooning in Hawaii. Same currency, cell phone service works, great weather, relaxing beaches, affordable airfare. The list goes on. B has family friends that own a condo out there, so we could even try to get them to gift that to us for our wedding, which would cut back on some major costs. But both B and I have been there before and I think we would would like to see some place new.
I guess we really can't go wrong with any of those. Plan D, if all else fails, is to just go to the beaches of South Carolina or Florida and live it up BIG.
Did you have this kind of trouble picking out a vacation spot?
My husband and I went to Argentina for our Anniversary and it was the most amazing trip that I have ever taken! Please let me know if you go and I can give you a few tips!
ReplyDeleteNew follower from the blog hop!
Dena
http://itsabouttakingthejourney.blogspot.de
It took us a little while to decide where to go. There are so many places we'd like to travel. We ended up landing on going to Kauai, Hawaii! It was AMAZING! All of your options look so nice! Honestly you guys will be so pumped to be married and going on any vacation together it doesn't matter where you go :)
ReplyDeletewe got lucky because my aunt and uncle gave us their beach house for a week in florida. so it was free! but this is tough because all of those are just so amazing. my picks would be for a or b, especially since hawaii is pretty expensive.
ReplyDeleteWe got married at the shore and ended up just staying there. I did not want to spend a zillion dollars on a honeymoon after spending a zillion on the wedding. We've taken very nice vacations since! Airfare is a total killer these days.
ReplyDeleteWe went back and forth for what seems like forever trying to decide on where we wanted to go. We ended up deciding we just wanted it to be somewhere neither one of us had been before. In the end we decided we would rather save some money and stay within the US and go on a more "expensive" vacation for an anniversary down the line when we wouldn't feel like we were strapped for cash (weddings can do that to ya!). We went to Cannon Beach, OR and I'm so happy with our decision. It was someplace new, we were able to relax and hike and explore and we were able to save a ton of money with flights being domestic.
ReplyDeleteWherever you go, I would just recommend being financially comfortable. I know that sounds weird, but it was such a relief not having to worry about pinching pennies on our honeymoon due to picking a less-expensive option. (Over the beaches and European countries I want to go to!)
Picking our honeymoon spot was a nightmare! We wanted to go to Hawaii, but it was too expensive for us. Once that was nixed we went through the same bickering... eventually we decided not to blow all of our money on the honeymoon because we wanted to have a baby soon. We picked Vegas, which I loved. Unfortunately, by the time we went, I was pregnant so I didn't experience it to its fullest. Next time...
ReplyDeleteOooh! I like the idea of Hawaii, because it seems the most vacation-y and relaxing. The others would be absolutely amazing trips too though- That photo of Argentina blows my mind!
ReplyDeleteMy Travel Tuesday Post
Ohh, I want to go to all of these places! I would probably opt for Argentina or Hawaii - you're going to want to log some serious relaxation time!
ReplyDeleteI am so right there with you! My fiance and I are getting married in November, and we're facing the exact same dilemmas: already cold in many places; limited vacation time; not wanting to bust the bank right after our big day. We're actually compromising by going on a short, local trip to a bed-and-breakfast somewhere (we live in Maryland), then taking our "big" trip next summer (when the weather is better and, you know, hopefully we're not flat broke!). We're likely headed to New Zealand or Iceland!
ReplyDeleteLove all of your travel ideas, though I would probably shoot for Hawaii! My sister and her fiance are actually going there for their October honeymoon :) Perhaps you'd run into them, haha!
I love it! We had next to no vacation time, were flat broke and so we honeymooned in San Antonio... but let me tell you we had our fair share of arguments about other things wedding related!
ReplyDelete