Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Social

Linking up with Neely and Ashley again this week for Sunday Social!



1. Best trip you've ever been on?
One summer in college I went on a study abroad trip across Europe. We started in Munich, Germany, then on to Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, and ended in London, England. It definitely one of the most fun trips I have taken, and something I will never be able to recreate.

Pontevecchio Bridge, Florence Italy - Personal Photo


2. Best idea for a girl's weekend trip?
If I were still living in California, then it would be Napa. But the next best thing here in Texas is the Hill Country outside of Austin to visit all the wonderful wineries. What's better than your best friends and wine?

Bushy Top

3. Best idea for a couples trip? 
B and I love traveling with other couples. It provides some time for us to spend time with other people and not just ourselves. The boys can do boy things and the girls can do girl things. I don't think I can think of just one place I would like to go for a couples trip, but one of the places that's at the top of my list right now is Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Seventh Hour Canada Project


4. Best vacation on the cheap?
How about a staycation? I love a good staycation. 1) No stress of traveling, packing, planning, etc. 2) CHEAP!! My one rule for a staycation is that you can't do anything you would normally do on a weekend in terms of chores or tasks (i.e. grocery shopping, cleaning the house, laundry, etc.).


5. Place you most want to visit?
I have been fortunate to travel to a few places in my time. B gets a little jealous when he mentions a place he would like to go and I say that I have been there. There are a couple places that neither of us have been that we would love to go: 1) Ireland (or as B says, 'the Motherland'), 2) Greece, 3) Argentina (the top Honeymoon option, currently).

National Geographic - Mnt. Fitz Roy Argentina


6. My vacation/travel necessities.
I think a vacation (especially abroad) is a great time to go back to basics. Leave your cell phone in your hotel room. Don't turn on the TV. Find local gems. My 'necessities' are pretty basic:
  • A good book (a kindle, e-reader is great for longer trips)
  • A crossbody purse (deter pick-pocketers)
  • A travel book or other resource
  • Comfortable yet versatile shoes (if you are in Europe and don't want to stick out as an American, avoid the white tennis shoes)
  • Sunscreen (even if you aren't on the beach, you will probably spend a lot of time outside)

4 comments:

  1. Prince Edward Island is on my list of places I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to visit Prince Edward Island someday!

    And well, I just wanted to say, that I'm also in the midst of planning our upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that european vacation sounds fantastic!!

    cute blog;happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog from the Sunday link up! I also studied abroad and agree that one of my FAVOOORITE trip (s) was all the places I visited while I lived there!

    And of course staycation's are the BEEEST!!!! (and sometimes the most relaxing!)

    I picked Ireland as one of the places I would most like to visit too! And my hubby says the exact same thing (I studied abroad and he didn't, so I have obviously been many places that he hasn't been!)

    I laughed out loud about the white tennis shoes... SOOOO true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!