Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I'm Thankful For

It's sad that this is the only time of year that most people reflect on what they are thankful for. Myself included. We really should give thanks more often. Maybe we would be a happier society if we really took stock of the things in our life and all that we have. We truly are so lucky. I think all the time how lucky I was just to be able to be born in this country and have the family that I have. It didn't have to turn out that way.

But I digress...

There are many things I am thankful for this year. In no particular order, I am thankful for...

My fiance, B. You continue to make me so incredibly happy. I am so lucky to be able to marry my best friend and that even after all these years you still put up with me and my moods. You make me a better person, and most importantly, you make me feel loved.

My parents. As I get older I only get more thankful for the lessons that you taught me and the way that you raised me. I am now realizing that you weren't doing these things to make my life miserable, you were doing what was best for me. I feel like you have raised a fairly well-adjusted daughter, and I don't think I can take any credit for that.

My bridesmaids. You guys have been so supportive and excited for me and B as we go through our wedding planning experience. Even though most of you have already gone through your own weddings, you are making sure that this is a very special experience for me.

My manager and coworkers. You make coming to work (most days) so enjoyable. Work can be a little stressful at times, but it is a joy to spend most of my days with you guys.

My followers. I am so thankful that you guys actually find this blog somewhat entertaining. I really love being able to share parts of our life with you guys and the fact that so many of you have started following along really touches my heart.

My health. I am lucky to have had a pretty healthy life so far, so sometimes I take that for granted. I am so thankful that I have been able to go through the year without any major illness or injury.

My future in laws. You have welcomed me into your family long before B ever proposed, but now I definitely feel like one of the Ruel gang. You guys not only raised a wonderful son, but you are very supportive of us and the wedding. I realize that some people do not have such a great relationship with their in laws, so I am so thankful for you.


What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!