Thursday, August 8, 2013

What I Would Do With $425 Million

Did you play the Powerball Lottery yesterday? Even better question...did you win?! If you answered yes to the 2nd questions, can we be best friends??

Well, I didn't even play, so there is no way I won anything...but a girl can dream what it would be like to win $425 million.

Okay, really it's $244.7 million in cash. Then after taxes it's roughly $123 million. Then I would probably want to hire an attorney, an accountant, probably have to pay some other fees, so let's just call it $100 million.

What I Would Do With $425 $100 Million:
Let's start with the boring and responsible things...
1) Take at least half of it and invest it.
2) Pay off my student loans.
3) Pay off my parent's mortgages.
4) Buy B and I new cars.
5) Donate a large portion to a number of charities that are important to me.

Ok...so now that I have taken care of some necessities....it's time for the fun stuff...

6) I would carry around stacks of $100 bills, probably in a fanny pack - because I am classy like that - and if I eat out and have incredible service I would just leave a stack as a tip for the waiter.

7) Once a quarter, I would walk into a random bar and pay everyone's tab for the night.

8) When I travel to different cities, I would walk into the nearest college bookstore and buy everyone's books while yelling "You get free books!! You get free books!!"

9) While I am at it, I would donate money to my sorority at Baylor to be used solely for Sing costumes. Someone has to compete with those darn Kappas!
via Baylor.edu
10. I would make it rain...tokens...at Chuck-e-Cheese

11.Once a year, or so, I would invite all my friends over for a dinner party that would turn into 'Lindsey's Favorite Things' party.

12. My closet would look more like this

13. I would take 6 months off of work - wait, who am I kidding, I would stop working - and travel around the world.

14. I would buy a food truck and hire a few culinary students, pay them to make cookies and cupcakes all day, then just hand them out for free in Uptown Charlotte.

15. Once a month I would donate money to a local animal shelter so that I could round up all the puppies and let them do this:

So, what would you do with $425 $100 million??


12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, can I please go with you for the puppy pile of cuddly goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha the best part is definitely the puppy snuggling!!! i want to do that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your part about Sing costumes! I went to OBU and we have Tiger Tunes (similar to Sing on a smaller level) and I totally would donate money only to be used for that too! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally laughed out loud at the thought of you in a fanny pack!!! I am dying. Too funny. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha love that closet! I had no idea you went to Baylor! What sorority were you in? I went to Texas A&M just down the road, but I had a few friends at Baylor in sororities (I was a DG, but I don't think there is a chapter in Baylor)!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagined an Oprah moment for number 8. Have you ever seen the Oprah Meme with "you get free healthcare, and you get free healthcare." I literally spit out soda from laughing so hard when I saw that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. puppy pile would be at the very top of my list! But I'm mainly interested in paying off student loans. dear dog, when will the student loan induced pain end?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would want to put most of it in savings, then husband and I would spend about a year driving around the connected 48 states. I would like to see every one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We played! Fingers crossed! And yeah..work? What would that be after winning? And of course good deeds are a must..to enjoy huge closets and endless games and Chuck E Cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the part where you detailed out where most of that money goes before you even get it! lol I am always that person that is far too realistic about things like the lotto!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like how you would spend your money and help others be happy too! i think thats really sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!