Thursday, October 24, 2013

Celebrity-versary

You know how when you first begin a relationship, you celebrate every little anniversary - 2 weeks, 1 months, 3 months, 6 months, etc. That first anniversary is a big deal! Then from there you probably acknowledge the milestones between year 1 and year 2. For B and I, after year 3, we really stopped celebrating anniversaries. Hell, our 5th dating anniversary was last month and we both forgot!!

Marriage anniversaries are a little different. I hope B and I acknowledge and celebrate every year. Even if it's just a quiet meal at home.  But just like that first year of a relationship, we have already started celebrating the mini-milestones. However, instead of counting by weeks or months, we are counting by celebrity marriages!


We have already been fortunate enough to celebrate our Britney Spears and Carmen Electra anniversary. Our Mario Lopez-Ali Landry is next week. The big one will be the Kim Kardashian anniversary. I think for that one, B is going to rent out the Charlotte Knights ball park and propose to me all over again on the jumbo-tron*.

If we can make it to our Kenny Chesney - Renee Zellweger anniversary, well, then we will really know we've made it.

Here are all the celebrity-versaries we have to look forward this year!

2 days - Britney Spears and Jason Alexander
9 days - Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman
18 days - Mario Lopez and Ali Landry
26 days - Axel Rose and Erin Everly
72 days - Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
107 days - Lisa Marie Presley and Nicholas Cage
122 days - Pam Anderson and Kidd Rock
163 days - Drew Berrymore and Tom Green
205 days - Elizabeth Taylor and Conrad Hilton
218 days - Jennifer Lopez and Chris Judd
225 days - Kenny Chesney and Renee Zellweger

Do you do anything fun to celebrate your anniversary?

*I hope you got that this was an obscure reference to Kim and Kanye's engagement. 

11 comments:

  1. This is excellent. My husband and I have officially made it past Kim & Kris, and are looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic, like i may even print this out and put it on our fridge so Brandon understands the importance, We're almost at Axel Rose & Erin Everly status

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this! I was thinking that the Katy Perry & Russel Brand anniversary might be a big one too... but it was actually longer than I thought at a whopping 14 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post- it cracks me up! Sam and I were never anniversary people, even at the beginning! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny! I'm sure you guys will make it way longer than those celebrities! I agree that it's important to celebrate every year, because anniversaries deserve a special celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this was an adorable post! Congrats on making it this far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! It's actually crazy when you think about just how many of those marriages brutally fail. Loving the kanye jumbotron reference, he's so creative...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!