The minute I saw these red velvet white chocolate chip cookies, I knew I had to make them. I changed up the recipe quite a bit, but I think they turned out just as good! I can't wait to take them into work and share with every one.
Pinterest version:
My version:
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp red gel food coloring
1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp red gel food coloring
1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
Directions - see Cooking Classy for her directions
The other thing I made were buckeye balls. These were one of my favorite Christmas treats as a kid. Earlier this year I made "buckeye bark", but I wanted to make the ball version after seeing this pin. I used my recipe though, which is quite a bit healthier than the original. No butter and little-to-no white sugar (I use sugar substitute).
Pinterest version:
My version:
Ingredients
2 cups of creamy natural peanut butter 1/4 -1/2 cup roughly chopped dried fruit (apricots, raisins, prunes, figs, dates...or a mix)
1-1 1/2 cup of Stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla
20 oz (2 reg. size bags) of dark chocolate chips
2 tsp of coconut oil
Directions
1. In a food processor, combine peanut butter, dried fruit, Stevia, and vanilla. Pulse until smooth.
2. Spoon about 1 tbsp of the mixture and form into a ball using your hands. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Place in fridge or freezer to harden, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, over a double boiler, or in the microwave, melt dark chocolate chips. Once melted, stir in the coconut oil.
4. Dip peanut butter balls in chocolate, cover partially or fully, then place back on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet back into fridge or freezer until chocolate is set, about 10 to 15 minutes.




Stopping by from the link up...I love buckeyeballs! Your versions look really yummy. I love actually doing things that I pin!!
ReplyDeleteWe make red velvet cookies every year and just started using box cake mix for them. Weird but really really good!
ReplyDeleteThese recipes sound like they're amazing! I mean, who doesn't love Red Velvet?!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Wednesday!
leslyni.blogspot.com
Found your blog through the linkup. The buckeye balls look so good!! Hope you have a great day! :)
ReplyDeleteRachel
http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/