Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Love and Stuff

Hey all, it's B here.  Lindsey had too much work to do and couldn't write a post so I thought I could fill in for her.  Lindsey always talks about having a "theme" for a post so mine is "that's nice sweetie", which is the number one response I get when ever I propose a wedding idea. As such, the list below are the awesome, nay, epic wedding ideas I've proposed that will never come to fruition.

1. Groomsmen's Attire

I am 6'6 and pretty skinny, so I thought it'd be awesome to show off the guns.  And not even for me, my groomsmen would be rocking this look pretty hard, too.  Note, the jeans and boots. Totally tacky and not as formal as I'd like.  My guys would have actual slacks, because we're classy like that.  But Lindsey's response to the cut off jackets was "That's nice sweetie. But no.".

2. The "wedding kiss"

I've been to a good deal of weddings, and the first kiss is always so awkward for me, like the video above. This first kiss seems so unnatural and forced. I've yet to see the perfect 'first kiss'. To avoid the awkwardness, I proposed that we just high five when the pastor says "you may now kiss the bride" and then skip down the aisle.  This idea was not accepted, responded to, nor was it even acknowledged. 

3. The Band


I wanted a live band. We have a DJ. Shocking. It only bothers me because there will not be an opportunity at our wedding for such an incredible photo.  But it's ok, because the DJ was cost effective and he can play my favorite jam over and over again. You guessed it. No Diggity by Blackstreet.

4. Dancing

I, like most men, express my emotions through the art of dance. However, I have been advised to be on my best behavior during our first dance, and any other dance maneuvers there on after.  I am writing this down because I will not abide by this rule and it is my goal to get a photo like this at the end of our wedding night. 

Other Things that Lindsey Does Not Want at the Wedding:


I have been advised that iPads cannot capture the beauty of our wedding.  You need at least 14.2 megapixels to captures my brides beauty.


No adorable cats photo-bombing our pictures, Lindsey will only accept cute puppies.


Just like cats, Lindsey will not also permit dinosaurs at the wedding.  I think it has to do with her fear of Jurassic Park and her unexpected distaste for the "Land Before Time".


Well, that's all I wanted to share at this time as I now must go clean the dishes since Lindsey made dinner tonight.  To be fair, Lindsey did allow some of my ideas into the wedding. For instance, she let me select the beer and she informed me that I do get to actually BE in the wedding, which I'm pretty excited about.

I wish all the best to all those young couples who are in the throws of planning their wedding.  I know it can be stressful, overwhelming and down right expensive, but do remember, after everything has been paid for and the guests have all gone home, you get to go on a honeymoon with your non-platonic best friend.  Which is arguably the best part, and then the lifetime of love and stuff.

13 comments:

  1. I do so hope you get your coveted dance photo. Your example is stupendously awesome. Beer is a big decision. You should feel proud. And I reckon take the kiss to a new level and do one of those big twist and dip things that she'll never suspect. Practice on the less gunned of your groomsmen ... Just the twist and dip part, then high five them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs a wedding planer, you have the skill to make this wedding epic! And I'm sure the beer is the most important thing in this all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha this is hilarious. B you should talk to my fiancé ... you two seem to have a lot in common. Although is main request is a nacho cheese fountain, which I somehow agreed to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an amazing post! that late-night dance picture is a MUST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!!!! Hilarious!!! But omg that kissing...ugh I am going to have bad dreams about that...gross lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This completely cracked me up! I planned to be very demure for our wedding, but my husband and I have some of the craziest looking dance pictures. Perhaps your bride-to-be will cut loose in a similar way and you will get that dance picture after all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...these are awesome. And I have to agree with your woman! I won't allow those either! So hilarious!!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah!! These are so cute!! I'm glad you're not the only one who would NOT like iPads at your wedding. :) -xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious! The cut off jackets are pretty stylish, but I would agree with Lindsey on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAIT, YOU DON'T LIKE THE LAND BEFORE TIME? I don't know if we can be friends...

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is fantastic, I really like the idea of cut off jackets...Lindsey really think that one over! and we were at a wedding this weekend where ipads were used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!