Even though it wasn't, it sure felt like a 4 day weekend for me. I could use a few more 4 days weekends.
1. B and I both worked from home on Friday, although one of us (me) did a bit more working than the other (him). We did keep up our patriotic outfits, though.
2. I tried out a couple recipes for cake batter Greek frozen yogurt that I will be sharing later this week.
3 & 4. Saturday, we headed down to Lake Murray with some friends where we got soak up a little sun and relax. That is, until a thunderstorm rolled in. We had to race back to the dock through pounding rain to avoid the lightening.....
5. ....which is why I needed a big ol' margarita once we got on dry land.
6. We finally caught a firework show, 2 days late.
7. Sunday, we headed back to Charlotte to meet some friends for lunch. Even though we slept in until 10am, I needed a little pick me up for the drive back.
8. I continuted my stripe themed wardrobe (I wore a striped bathing suit on Saturday) through the weekend.
9. For like the 100th day in a row, we got rain. I don't know which is worse, 60+ continuous days of 100 degree weather like we got in Dallas, or what seems like 60+ days of rain. Either way, it's hard to plan anything outside.
What fun things were you up to this weekend?
Linking up with Weekend Shenanigans, This Weekend I, The GFC Collective,
Mingle Monday

Ohhh I can't wait to hear about that greek yogurt recipe! I've been having it every night as a snack with fruit and honey but cake batter sounds DELISH!
ReplyDeleteYes, please share that recipe. I'm afraid to leave my house any more for fear of plans being ruined by rain. I'm OVER IT!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to that recipe, it looks delicious! Sounds like a good weekend, glad you got a little sun mixed in with the rain.
ReplyDeleteI'm over the rain. I usually say it's good for the garden, but now the tomatos are splitting and mealy from all the water. Rain, rain go away!
ReplyDeleteWe had no rain on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. It was a nice reprieve from the ten plus days of rain in a row.
ReplyDeleteIt had been raining a lot in Boston too. We have only had sun over the last couple of weeks!
ReplyDeleteThat frozen yogurt looks delicious!!
Deana
TesoriBelle.com
I can't wait to hear more about the fro-yo!
ReplyDeleteBig ol' margaritas and cake batter Greek frozen yogurt, my kinda girl! ;)
ReplyDeleteI cant wait until that recipe!! Love greek yogurt. Thank you for linking up with us at the collective blog hop. Following all your sites! Hope you do the same I would love to have ya!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nightchayde.blogspot.com