Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Football and Anniversaries

Even if nothing happened this weekend, it would have been a good one. Why? I am sure you can guess. 3-day weekend! This holiday weekend could not have come at a better time. Work is crazy busy right now, and sometimes you just need an extra day to recharge.

But there were lots of other events this weekend that made it a lot of fun. First, one of my best friends who just moved back to California came into town for the Michigan/Alabama game at Cowboys stadium. She stayed with us and we did all sorts of girly things like stay up 'til 2 AM watching Downton Abbey.



Saturday was also B's and my 4 year anniversary. We aren't really the kinds of people that do extravagant gifts or celebrations for anniversaries. B did bring me flowers (1) and went shopping with me (2) (which he hates). We also went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. If you are ever in Dallas or San Antonio, you need to try Dough Pizzeria (3).

Sunday we drove down to Waco for Baylor's season opener against SMU (4). Even after Baylor's success last season, a true Baylor fan never goes into the season with too much hope. That said, I would have been really disappointed if we lost. Good thing we clobbered them! I believe there is one article out there that said we "embarrassed" SMU. This is a big step for us. Baylor hasn't been on the embarrasser end of an embarrassment in a LONG time.

Monday was just relaxing. Like a typical Sunday for me, even with the post-5:00 panic that I have to go back to work tomorrow. It was even worse than normal because I know how much work I have waiting for me....at least it's a 4 day week!!

How was your holiday weekend?



2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to needing an extra day to recharge! I think I spent the majority of my weekend recharging, reorganizing, and getting ready for fall. I'm sad to see summer go--but this weekend was MUCH NEEDED :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! Love the shoes..I want those leopard print loafers (Target?!)! My boyfriend travels to Texas a lot for work..he was just in San Antonio last week. I'll have to tell him about that pizza place...looks delicious! Newest follower : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!