Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Social


1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it?
Follow the Ruels was the second blog name for this blog....which I explain here. It basically is a play on words for my soon-to-be married name. I thought it was a lot more clever than the last blog title, which was created on a whim.

See full graphic
2. What do you love the most about blogging?
Ultimately, its just a great way to share ideas and vent a little. I didn't really anticipate anyone to really get into reading my blog, because I don't think what I write about is anything special. Hopefully when wedding planning kicks into gear, I will have a lot more interesting things to write about. 
3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?
Oh gosh...I haven't been blogging very long. I guess my 2 favorites are my recipe for a "healthy" peanut butter and chocolate (Buckeye) bark and the post on repurposing wedding decor. I love baking and cooking and I also love crafting and sewing which is on full display in these posts.

"Healthy" Peanut Butter Bark
4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?
Yikes...I am not the right person to ask this...as I am the one who is just starting out (any advice for me?). I really try to just write how I would to a friend and be myself. Also, I don't really do it to get a ton of followers or anything, I just do it for me (and those few family and friends who want to know about my life).
5. What is the biggest blogging learning experience you've had?
Every day is a learning experience. I think I take a lot of inspiration from other bloggers...either by emulating what I like, or avoiding what I don't. But, I also don't over think it or take it too seriously.
6. Who are thee blogs we NEED to be following that you love?
I have a few blogs that I have followed for years now, thanks to Google Reader (it was a savior for me at my last job which had lots of downtime).

One of my favorite baking/cooking blogs is My Baking Addiction. Her recipes look so good and her pictures are amazing.

My Baking Addiction


I also follow a lot of style blogs. One of my new daily reads is Gal Meets Glam. Her and her brand new husband are so cute and so well dressed!

Gal Meets Glam
And of course, I have a now have quite a few wedding blogs that I love. One of my favorites is Elizabeth Ann Designs.

Elizabeth Ann Designs
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! I'm going to go to Trader Joes!!



1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your blog - it's a super cute play words!
    And thank you SO much for recommending My Baking Addiction. Or should I say, my boyfriend says thank you because now he's going to have a whole lot more desserts to eat! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!