I am leaning towards wearing something simple and classic because we will have these pictures for years, and I don't really want to date the pictures with my clothing choice. I think jeans and a sweater in simple colors will be flattering, but maybe not skinny jeans. And since I do love shoes, I decided to add a pop of color with the shoes.
On the other hand, I do really like colored pants. And this lace peplum top is pretty cute and very on trend. Let's face it, these engagement pictures will probably on be used for save the dates, maybe a Christmas card, and then as some photos here and there around the wedding reception. So having something "trendy" may not be so bad.
Then there is this tulle skirt. I can't stop thinking about it and really want to try and sew one. If I am successful, I think it would make for a really pretty engagement picture outfit. It looks very bridal, which is perfect for these kinds of pictures. The trick is getting B to dress up, too.
Since we don't even know when we are taking these pictures, I really don't need to make a decision right this second. But it sure is fun to create outfits. Thank goodness for Polyvore.
Do you have a favorite?




Hi,
ReplyDeleteI think that you should go for "trendy"!! :)
I don't know how I stumbled across your blog but I had fun reading through your last few posts! My fiancé and I just lived in China for a year, and we had engagement pictures taken there. That was a VERY interesting endeavour!! ;) You can check out our blog here: http://travelingwithjc.blogspot.com
(and the engagement pictures are contained in several blog posts under "June", and one in July called "Delicious").
All the best with your e-shoot! :)
Catherine
Oh my gosh I love the bridal look!!!!!
ReplyDelete