I think I have a problem. [You could call it that.] I find it really hard to stop myself from buying colored pants. Okay, not just pants. Shorts. Skirts. Capris. Whatever.
It started off innocently enough this spring when Gap came out with their vibrant-colored kahkis. Not one to draw attention to my lower half (as it is not the better of my two halves [Which I completely disagree with, but my opinion doesn't matter.]), I thought that colored pants would not be flattering. But I couldn't resist and decided to step out on a limb and get a pair of bright cobalt blue kahkis. I was going to stop there. I promise. [But as we all know, colored pants are like meth; addicting, insatiable, and relatively inexpensive.]
![]() |
| Gap |
Then everyone else (meaning retailers) started joining in. And Pinterest (oh, Pinterest) [Pinterest: where all the least manly ideas come from. No I don't want to "do it myself"! I just want to buy it and be done with it.] made it hard to ignore all the cute and colorful styles. I determined I
It's gotten out of control.
![]() | ||
| Left to right: Handmade, Loft, Loft, Loft (discnt.), Gap, Ann Taylor (discnt.), BR, Loft (discnt..), Loft (discnt.) |
I can only defend my actions [or justify them to her fiance] by saying that I have bought everything on sale (or made it myself) and spent less than $30 (some were less than $20) on each piece. Still...it adds up [to over $200]. I really hope that colored pants stay on trend [Just like da-glo and snap bracelets] for a few more years so I can get some wear out of them. [Or she could dump them in a bucket full of bleach and make them all white. But if all else fails, she can just use them to make a gay pride flag and hang it outside the house.]
Thanks for listening. [Your welcome.]




What a cute post! Love that he chimed in. I have an OBSESSION with Gap and I don't know why since most of their stuff is 'basics' but they just make it look so good.
ReplyDelete