Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Social



If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I could probably eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of my life if I had to. I love a good PB&J.

 What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
 Any baked good. If I'm ever in a bad mood or just need something comforting, I will probably bake a batch of cookies or something. Baking itself is therapeutic....but the cookies don't hurt either.

What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
If there is one thing I am not, it is an adventurous eater. The craziest thing I've probably ever eaten is fried baby squid. While in Barcelona last summer with my MBA class one of my classmates ordered fried baby squid while at dinner one night. The squid were fully in tact and you could see their eyes and everything. But it wasn't bad! And I'm not even a seafood fan! Maybe I will just eat anything fried.
Fried Baby Squid
What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Like I said, I am not a big seafood eater, so I will typically avoid that. But I do like sushi...weird I know. I also can not handle spicy foods. I have absolutely no tolerance for them whatsoever. 

What meal reminds you of your childhood?
I don't really have one meal the reminds me of my childhood. When I was little I remember eating PB&Js (with potato chips stuffed inside) with my dad on Saturday afternoons. My mom's Christmas brunch always reminds me of home. She has been making basically the same things since I can remember, and if she were to change it up at all, she would never hear the end of it from my family.



Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
During one trip to Charlotte to visit B very early on in our relationship (like 6 months in), I decided to cook him a meal at home...you know, to really impress him. I wanted something fairly simple and not to easy to mess up, then before I left I was watching the Food Network and saw the Neely's cooking up a batch of "Get Yo' Man Chicken". So that's what I made. Granted, I did eventually "get my man", I doubt it was the chicken.


3 comments:

  1. I completely understand the PB&J's!! So good!! I love seafood, but I can't do it with eyes. I just can't.
    Thank you so much for stopping by at commenting on my post: http://bensgirl10.blogspot.com/2012/08/struggles.html?showComment=1344786141617#c7841914051725958892
    It means so much that you took the time to send some support!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB&J....I think I'm gonna have to have some lunch!
    Found you thru the Sunday Social...and I'm your newest follower! YAY!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!