Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Social

I am linking up with Neely again today for Sunday Social.  But I apologize in advance because I don't have a lot of middle/high school pictures here in Texas or saved on my computer. Which is fine by me, because grades 7-11 were definitely my 'awkward' years.


1. What were you like in middle school and high school?
I think 8th grade is the only time I can really say I was "popular" and it was only because my friend was dating one of the "cool boys" so our groups sort of merged. By 9th grade, they had broken up and we were out of the "popular" group.

I played a lot of sports in high school. I was on the varsity basketball team by my sophomre year (not a huge accomplishment because our team was pretty bad). I also played volleyball and was on the swim team.

I was also the editor of the yearbook my senior year. B makes fun of me all the time because, while the yearbook was a big success and was the first year it was all in color, I spelled San Diego wrong on the opening page. Yeah....pretty big mistake.

2. What were your favorite past times?
Ok, this is going to sound very cliche, but my friend and I hung out at the beach a lot, especially during the summers. We would literally wake up, get a ride or walk to the beach, and hang around all day until we got picked up (pre-car years) or until we had to get home for dinner. After I got a car, we would go to the mall a lot a just hang out or go to movies...something that I can tell is still a popular past time for high school kids.

3. What songs were you obsessed with?
My love for Blink-182 started in 7th grade when my dad took my friend and I to this sketchy little club in San Diego to see them perform. It was way before 'Whats my Age Again', so when they hit it big, I was obsessed.



Other than Blink, I can't think of any song our group I was obsessed with. I wasn't really into those pop boy bands. I did, however, watch a lot of TRL.

4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe? 
Well, most of them. At some point in high school I just wore jeans and sweatshirts. Even my mom said that I should stop wearing sweatshirts so much and covering up. I also can't believe how low my jeans were back then. This may only be relevant to California people, but RocketDog sandals were HUGE! I never owned a pair because I was tall enough as it is, but all the other girls in my school LOVED them.

Low-rise jeans

Rocket Dogs


5. Who was your celebrity crush?
I'm sure I had more than a few of them. Leonardo DiCaprio (until I saw him in person and he was gross), Matt Damon, Andrew Keegan (remember him!?), Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Josh Hartnett, Brad Pit, Hugh Grant, Heath Ledger.

Matt Damon

Andrew Keegan
Heath Ledger
 6. What were your favorite TV shows or movies?
TV Shows: Hmm...Friends, Smallville, 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, Boy Meets World, Ed, Ally McBeal, CSI, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, Saved by the Bell, That 70's Show, Will and Grace. Clearly I was all over the map.

Sabrina the Teenaged Witch

Ed

Movies: Titanic (obviously), Men in Black, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Center Stage, Empire Records, Jerry Maguire.

Whats Eating Gilbert Grape

Center Stage


Hope you all have had a great weekend!!


3 comments:

  1. Ps can I ask how you got your post font to the font you're using??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have always love Heath too! I found you through the Sunday Social :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!