Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Where to do our Engagement Pictures

Most of B and I's wedding related conversations lately have been about where to do our engagement pictures. We are either thinking of doing them this Fall or sometime next Spring, but that sort of depends on the location. We would like to do it some place that has some sort of significance to us, which cuts down the list quite a bit. There are also places that have a lot of significance to us, but logistically may be impossible. Lets start with those.

1. Charlotte, NC. B lived in Charlotte when we first started dating and I have a lot of fond memories of the city. It is beautiful in the Spring and has lots of southern charm. It is definitely a unique location and if taken at the right time of year, the pictures would be beautiful. I always loved visiting in the Spring when the Dogwood trees would bloom. The pale flowers line the streets and as they wilt, leave a beautiful white blanket all over the ground. Unfortunately, having engagements taken there would mean making a trip to Charlotte. Time and money are not on our side, so I don't think it will work out.



2. Denver, Co. B and I have only been to Denver once, but it is were we got engaged, which is why it is so significant to us. The city is beautiful, and we could pick from a number of areas to take pictures. But, like with Charlotte, it would require a trip and we would have to find a photographer without ever meeting.

Mark Eric


3. San Diego, CA. Obviously this is where I grew up which is why it's important to me and it is where we are getting married. I would love to take engagement pictures at Sunset Cliffs on the beach or overlooking the harbor. The other perk is that we could use the same photographer who would do our wedding and use it as an opportunity to get to know them and vice versa. And while B and I are sure to make at least one trip out to SD before the wedding, there will probably be so much else to do while we are there, I just don't know when we would fit in a photo session.

Fritz Harmon


So it looks like it is likely that our engagement pictures will be taken here in Texas. It would be easy for us to coordinate and find a photographer. We wouldn't have to spend any excess time or money getting to the location, and overall would be a lot less stressful. Here in Texas, we have though of a couple places.

4. Waco, TX. Or more specifically, Baylor. It is where we met and where we both have a lot of great memories. We both proud alumni, so Baylor would be perfect for us. It also has a beautiful campus, which has been host to many other couples wedding and engagement photos. It would be easy for us to get down there from Dallas.

Baylor.edu


5. Addison, TX. This little town just north of Dallas is where B and I both lived when we first moved to Dallas. Its a cute little community and the area known as Addison Circle has a very quaint metropolitan/college campus type feel. There are lots of trees and grass areas which would make for great pictures.

Car Free in Big D


6. Timarron , Country Club. B's parents are members there and B golfs there all the time. Since B is a big golfer, it would definitely have significance to him. Plus, the acres and acres of grass, trees, bodies of water certainly aren't hard on the eyes.

Golf Courses

7. Any miniature golf place. This would be something that would make for some fun pictures. B and I don't go miniature golfing a lot, but any time we do, it's always a blast.

Jason Angelini

8. The Dallas Arboretum. Actually, B and I have never been to the Arboretum, but looking at pictures I can't help but think this would be the most picturesque. B threw out this location when we were initially talking about where to get married. You know, just for fun...it was always going to be in San Diego...but I wanted to humor him. 

Home Search Dallas

We still have our thinking caps on and are not married to any of the ideas above. Engagement pictures aren't that important to us (in the grand scheme of wedding things), so we want to make it as cheap easy and fun as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!