Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Social


1. What is the first website you log onto each day?
Definitely GMail. I don't think any other website comes close. Maybe Facebook had a chance at some point in college, but definitely not now.

2. What are some funny websites that you visit and we need to know about?
I don't really read a lot of "funny-haha" websites. But I have a few that are pretty entertaining and are some of my go-to reads in Google Reader.

GoFugYourself.com

MentalFloss.com

Grantland.com

3. Pinterest of Facebook? Why?
Definitely Pinterest. I spend WAY too much time on that site. And while Facebook does have its value (remembering birthdays, catching up on gossip), I think Pinterest can add just as much value if not more. So what you remembered their birthday...Pinterest can help you figure out what to get them as a gift! B and I went over to his brother's place last night for dinner. Do you know what they made us? 3 different pizza recipes his girlfriend saw that I had pinned. Facebook sure wouldn't have helped them figure out what to make us.

4. Twitter of Instagram? Why?
Twitter. I probably get more than 50% of my news from Twitter (i.e. Niel Armstrong dying).

5. What is your favorite YouTube video?
If I watch any YouTube videos, it's because B makes me watch them. Here is one that I saw last night that I thought was hilariously cute. It's actually a YouTube series (who knew those existed...not this girl).


6. What is your biggest online pet peeve?
One of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to blogs or Pinterest is not citing your sources (seriously guys, didn't we learn about this in high school?)! There have been many times that I have seen something I like and the picture doesn't link back to the original website, or worse, doesn't link back to anything. That's why I always try to link to the appropriate source if I am using an image or talking about something I have seen online. Plus, it's plagiarism if you don't.

In the Facebook and Twitter world it would probably posting a status that is vague or is purposefully written so that the person will get attention. But lets be honest, we have all done that at some point, so no one is blameless here.

Hope you enjoy the last day of the weekend!!



1 comment:

  1. I get most of my news from Twitter these days too, I always see breaking news stories there first. Love that You Tube video, so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!