Lately, I have been going through my closet and pulling out clothes that I haven't worn in over a year. Sadly, there are many items that have just sat there gathering dust. I have donated some things to Goodwill. I have also tried consigning others. There are also some pieces I don't want to get rid of entirely, but don't really know if I will get a lot of wear out of them in their current state.
One is a dress I bought in Europe during my summer study abroad trip in 2006. Even when I bought it, it was too big, but I loved the pattern and the color so much that I made it work. I probably haven't worn it in over 2 years, maybe more, because it just never looks right. Today I am going to fix all that by making it into a skirt! I also found an old Old Navy maxi dress that I am also going to try turning into a maxi skirt.
After I finish these skirts, which I don't think will take much time at all, I am going to go through some other items in my closet and see what I can breath new life into!
Here are some ideas I have come across:
Add ribbon and/or new buttons to an old cardigan to "prep" it up a bit.
| Juicy Couture |
![]() |
| Casey Brown Designs |
Add elbow pads to any sweater or blazer.
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Anarchy Street |
Dye and old pair of jeans a new or refreshed color.
![]() |
| Mom Advice |
![]() |
| The Smartest and His Artist |
![]() |
| Love Maegan |
Or, if all else fails, turn them into a nice pillow cover or scarf.
![]() |
| Country Living |
Can you think of any other ways you can transform a piece of clothing in your closet?









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!