Monday, November 4, 2013

Things I Can No Longer Get Away With

Back in college, pulling all-nighters or staying up to the wee-hours of the morning were a common occurance. Sure, it was always hard to get up in the morning (or afternoon), but my young body could take it.
Partying it up as Cookie Monster and Big Bird
This past Friday, we attended a Halloween party at a friends house. The party went late, we didn't get to bed until at least 2 am. It may not sound that late, but we all had to get up by 6am to get ready for an early morning tailgate. It struck us all, around 8am, as we chain-drank coffees and all wished we could go back to bed, that our 22 year old selves would just kick back a Red Bull and power through the day. It made it a little worse that we were surrounded by actual 22 year olds (who I am sure were up pretty late the night before, too) who could not be any more chipper!
Me and B pre-game. Look at those bags under the eyes!
Realizing that I can no longer get away with partying all night and still get up early in the morning, I decided to put together a list of other things I can no longer get away with in my "old age".

  • Eating excessive amounts of candy, carbs, and cheese and expect to "burn it all off". That metabolism isn't what it used to be.
  • Laying out in the sun with anything less than SPF 15. I have to start worrying more about wrinkles (and cancer) than pale skin.
  • Drink anything with the word "trashcan" in the name or that is literally on fire. Ok, no one could ever get away with that. 
  • Going to bed with my makeup on. My skin just isn't as forgivable. 
  • Sleep in past 12pm. I got sh*t to do. I can't waste time sleeping.
  • Caring to much about what people think of me. Such a waste of time an energy.
  • Buying all my clothes from Forever 21. They don't fit well, they don't last long, and I haven't been 21 in 7 years. 
  • Wearing high heels all day every day. As much as I love them, my shoes are some how getting more and more uncomfortable. Or maybe it's my feet. 

What can you no longer get away with?

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. It's like you read my mind! haha you can add to that....staying up past 10pm (my kids are waking up 5am no matter what time I go to sleep!)....calling in sick because I was out too late (my job is serious now, this is a ho-dunk restaurant!)...lol I'm sure there is much more but seriously....things have go to change! I'm with you on the sleeping with makeup and using SPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes I am with you on that!! I stayed up way too late and I was not happy about it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't get away with wearing high heels anymore either...last night I wore a pair out to dinner and this morning my feet were killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, I couldn't agree more with you! I'm 28 and over the weekend went to a halloween party. i feel like an old timer when i admitted to myself how out of place I felt with house music blaring and playing beer pong in the BASEMENT. give me some wine and bite size snacks or cheese with a movie playing and i'm one happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those nights that go later than midnight are TOUGH on my 26 year old self. I get you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never really been able to wear heels. But I can't drink more than 3 cocktails anymore at all without paying for it the next day. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Forever 21... you could not be more right Lindsey! I am currently wearing a sweater from there for only the 2nd time & obsessing over the fact that it is already pilling. I'm slowing learning my lesson... it just isn't the place for me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear in college I wore heels every day; especially whenever we'd go out partying. Now? I prefer flats any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to all of these! We are sooo old :( Although I still try to pull off a shirt from Forever21 every now and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, too funny! And totally agree. We learned that this week with the Red Sox victory. We're not 21 and in college like we were last time they won. Late night celebrations did not make for a fun day at work the next day! Same with the heels! You will find them in my closet collecting dust these days, and super cute flats at my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Love the costumes! And I 7 PM is sleeping in way late for me nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. all of this, truth truth truth. We slept in until 9 a few weeks ago after getting in late from a friends wedding. I haven't slept that long in years

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! I agree with all of these!!! Definitely the make-up one and the eating carbs. But I definitely LOVE to sleep in. I make sure I dont have anything to do in order for that to happen!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!