BodyRock.tv was the initial site that brought you 10-20 minute workouts focused on the HIIT principle of exercise. Which is High Intensity Interval Training. You work at your max capacity for a short amount of time, say 50 seconds, have a 10 second rest, then move on to the next exercise.
Typically with the BodyRock videos, they walk you through 4-6 exercises then you repeat 2-3 times.
DailyHiit.com is a fairly recent evolution to the BodyRock program. It appears to be a collaboration with a larger entertainment company. But really the only difference is that they provide more workouts with different trainers. But I like to think that DailyHiit and BodyRock are one and the same.
If you are skeptical of these short hiit workouts, well just look at the main trainer, Lisa. I am sure she has some pretty good genes, but the girl is ripped! Yes, she may workout more than just 12 minutes a day, and I am sure her diet is flawless, but there is some research out there that backs up how effective hiit workouts can be.
I love doing these workouts on days where I am extra busy or don't have time to squeeze in a full 30-60 minute workout. Also, Lisa's ab workouts are no joke. I like to supplement in one of her ab workouts when I can. Not only does it mix things up for me, so that I am not bored, but it mixes things up for my muscles, which is always a good thing.
Between the two sites, there is typically a new video on a daily basis. They also have a great 30-day challenge that they just completed. You can get links to all the workouts in the challenge here. These workouts are much longer, about 40 minutes, and rotate between resistance exercises and jumping rope (or in my case, running in place).
My only gripe about most BodyRock/DailyHiit workouts is that they use a lot of different equipement - like weights, weighted bars, sand bags, Uugi balls (like a large, soft medicine ball), and equalizers - that is just not practical for every person to own. I have figured out how to make a make-shift sandbag by just stuffing a gym bag with towels and weights. For everything else I just improvize with hand weights.
What more than makes up that is that these workouts are 100% free. Yes. FREE. No strings attached. You can go back into their archives and pull up old videos or follow along with one of their new challenges. While I don't think this will become your main, every day workout, I think this is a great addition to your arsenal.
Have you tried BodyRock workouts?


I loe bodyrock/daily hiit! I just started doing the 30 day challenge and holy! such a good workout! I love that they are all short too!
ReplyDeletelove*
ReplyDeleteYou know, I've never done BodyRock for some reason. I am going to have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteMaria @ The Good Life