Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm Gonna Pop Some Tags

My mother will be the first one to tell you that she did not raise no fool. Right mom? (I'm sure she said "right" when she read this).

It is no secret that this girl (me) loves to shop. And where do you think that came from? Right. Mom. But she always taught me never to buy anything unless it is on sale. I mean, just about everything goes on sale eventually!

Unfortunately, there is one thing that she failed to teach me. Something that I am still working through on a daily basis. That is: just because something is on sale, does not mean you have to buy it! Like I said, it's a daily struggle.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) there are some new websites out there that allow me to track items that I like to wait until they go on sale. I have been searching for a site like this for a long time. Eventually I started using Pinterest as a way to organize all these items and track their price, but that required me to actually check back on them. Now there are at least two great sites that I use often that will do the work for me! Hukkster and Shelf.
My Hukkster page
Hukkster is a site I learned about while watching the Today Show. You might be familiar with it's two big investors: the Winkelvoss twins (the MarkZuckerbergstoletheFacebookideafromus Winkelvoss twins). You "hukk" an item using a browser button (like Pinterest) and you can put in the size you need and at what discount you want to buy it.
Shelf Inspiration Board
Shelf is very similar in concept, but meant to be much more social, where Hukkster has no social aspect to it. Both utilize the Pinterest-looking boards and endless scroll feature. Both will email you when something goes on sale (if you want). Shelf will actually suggest other items for you to add to your Shelf. And you and your friends can all share your Shelf's and see what everyone is adding.
Shelf Promo Board

One other cool thing Shelf does is that it will track all those specials going on at your favorite stores. Like the days where Banana Republic has 40% off new arrivals or JCrew is giving an additional 30% off sale items. That way you don't need those pesky spam emails from those stores to keep you in the loop.
Hukkster Browser button

Both have their pros and cons, and I will probably continue to use both simultaneously because I am crazy like that.

Do you know of any other cool sites like this that will track things that go on sale?

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of either of these sites and I am a shopaholic! I will have to get signed up ASAP - the hubs will so thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of those sites-- good call! I usually just wait for a similar item to come out at Target or Forever 21, haha! But I will definitely check out these sites, so thanks!
    XO, Rachel
    With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilove groop dealz and very jane that give you boutique deals each day! a little different but so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh, this is not going to help my shopping problem.. I usually wait for it to go on sale and if they don't have my size anymore it wasn't meant to hang in my closet. This could be dangerous for my bank account!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!