Thursday, September 19, 2013

Chicken Pita Burger


Sometimes, not very often, I head to the grocery store with no plan. No list. Nothing. This happens very very rarely. As much as I find meal planning to be a chore, I hate having to come up with a meal on the fly during the week when all I have in the fridge/pantry is hummus, some spinach, and black beans.

That's what happened this week.

But, thank goodness I had more than just hummus, spinach, and black beans around the kitchen. Thanks to the ground chicken I didn't use last week, left over mini pita pockets, Greek yogurt I always have in the fridge, and all the random veggies in the fridge I came up with the idea for a Greek-inspired chicken burger.
Despite the lack of planning and preparation, these burgers turned out so well! B went back for seconds, which is not all that common (I know it's a good recipe when he goes back for more). And as a bride to be, I really appreciated that these burgers were pretty light, especially since I used extra lean chicken and pitas instead of buns.

Have you ever made something amazing just trying to use up things in your fridge?


8 comments:

  1. oh this looks delicious, and I'm starving right now (would it make a good midnight snack?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this looks delicious, and I'm starving right now (would it make a good midnight snack?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! So healthy! My husband may not approve...but he'll deal. ;) Yum!

    http://sometimesgracefully.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely! Great idea for using up the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds sooo good!!! :D Thank you for sharing the recipe! :D
    I found your blog on the blog hop and I am a new follower! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious idea! I'll be adding this to my list of "to make" dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy!! =) Thanks for linking up at the Pinterest Power Party!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!