Monday, September 23, 2013

Emmy Best

Truth be told, I could care less about the Emmy's. There is just so much on TV, but it seems like the same people win every year (I'm looking at you Claire Danes and Jim Parsons). Also, those HBO and Showtime shows always win, which I never watch because we are too cheap to pay for those services (except during the Game of Thrones season).

I really only watch the Emmy's for the dresses. What can I say, I am a sucker for a pretty dress. With that said, here are my favorites from last night's award show...


Best in Blue
Didn't Tina Fey look stunning. I mean, she looked hot. This dress was just tailored so well and the color is really beautiful on her. But there were lots of other beautiful blue dresses, like Allison Williams (my runner up) and Zoe Deschanel.

Best in Purple
I was surprised to see quite a few purple dresses grace the red carpet. But I really loved Alyson Hannigan's whole look. Her hair was beautiful and the color was gorgeous on her. I kind of wish the skirt of the dress was either straight down or a mermaid. The drop-waist is a little weird.  One of my other favorites the other end of the purple spectrum was, January Jones, who wore a soft violet (maybe even dusty rose) dress.

Best in Red
Well, is there really any competition.  Sofia Vergara is just one hot tamale (as Mary Murphey would say). I would like to see Sofia in a different style of dress though. 

Best in White
I adored Claire Danes' dress despite the fact that I was nervous she was going to have a nip slip at any moment. But this dress is so romantic and lovely. It's also hard to wear white and not look bridal, which I think she successfully pulled off. Kerry Washington was another one that looked beautiful (and non-bridal) in white.

Best in Black
Christina Hendricks can do no wrong. She always looks so exceptional, even with a crazy curly bob cut that would look hideous on anyone else. And while, I prefer to see her in some color, she was beautiful in black. It was interesting that not a lot of women wore black this year, or at least wore it well. 

Best in Pink
I did not see a lot of pink on the red carpet, which is why I thought this bright pink dress was refreshing. And that it wasn't a frilly pink dress, made it much more sophisticated. Rose Byrne also looked lovely in pink. She wore a much softer pink and showed off a bit of mid drift.

Best in Lace
There was lots of lace going on last night. Even Jesse Tyler Ferguson got in on the action with a lace jacket. But my favorite was Sarah Hyland who wore a green dress with purple lace overlay. Not something you see every day! My very close second was Anna Gunn. Another one of my favorites in lace was Laura Dern. I imagine a lot of you probably don't share my feelings for this dress, but I kind of love it. It is definitely not for everyone and one wrong move can totally throw off this dress. 


Best in Sheer

What was with all the sheer dresses last night? I mean, really? Is it really a dress when we can see your underwear? Clearly I did not care for the trend, but there was one that I didn't hate and that was Leslie Mann. I can't say the same for Lena Headey and Amanda Peet.

What were your favorite looks from the Emmy Red Carpet?

*all photos from EOnline


7 comments:

  1. I love the dresses, but agree Tina's is best and I would like to see Sofia in a different style, although she suits red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that purple with her hair!
    And did you see Kelly Osbourne in red?? Loved it! But of course Sofia looks hot in just about any color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a bit underwhelmed with the Emmy fashion, but you managed to pick out some of my faves. I guess I was thinking Oscar fashion for Emmy fashion and was let down. I only watched the pre-show for the fashion and can't wait for Fashion Police tonight, to see what they say!

    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fashion is always the best part (even though I love Neil Patrick Harris and thought he did a great job), and there were some amazing dresses this year!
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple dress is my favorite! I didn't watch, but it's interesting to see all the different dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!