Monday, September 30, 2013

Tweet Your Congressman

I'm not a political person. For better or worse, I just don't pay too much attention to what goes on in Washington on a daily basis. Unless it's in satire form on the Colbert Report.

But there have been a few times over the past couple years I couldn't help but become impassioned over our political system. It makes me beyond upset, livid even, that we have members of congress going to work and not getting their job done. If I went to work every day never followed through on a huge project for my biggest (or only) client, I would be fired in a heartbeat. But somehow we have Congressmen and women that can't come to a resolution or compromise, thus risking the shut down of our government. Not that they would feel it. Even if the government shuts down, I bet they still get paid.

Anyways, I am sure you have your own opinions and I am not here to color them one way or the other. I am not smart enough or informed enough to tell you what to think. However, if you are as fed up as I am, I encourage you to do something about it. Tweet or email your congressman an express your displeasure and frustration. It is their job to represent you, after all. I think they forget that sometimes.


Twitter handles were obtained here.

If you would like to email your Congressman, you can fill out the contact form for your Senator or Representative here.

So often I never really think that I can do something or make a difference. And, maybe I can't. But I never will unless I try, right?


3 comments:

  1. I am constantly on my congress people - they work for me, not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Take a stand and do all we can! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! It really irritates me that it's possible for the government to just shut down like that- it's not like the rest of our lives just stop!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!