Monday, June 17, 2013

News and Noteworthy

I'm afraid there isn't a whole for me to say about this past weekend.

Of course, I could tell you about how I cleaned every inch of the apartment. Except for the 1,728 inches beneath the coffee table because I was too lazy to move it while vacuuming.

Or about how I attempted to make croissants, which ended it soggy, buttery, half baked dough. Oddly enough, also delicious!

Or that I spent hours on Macy.com looking for the right bedding that defines B and I as a couple.

But I doubt you really want to read about any of it. So I thought I would share about other people's noteworthy weekend.

1. Kimye's baby. I would say being born is pretty noteworthy. This baby became the most popular child the second it was born and it was all E! News could talk about on Saturday.


2. Dad's. Being Father's Day and all, I would assume that dads had a pretty good weekend. Most of the dads I know either spent the weekend golfing, watching golf, watching sports, drinking beer, or grilling out. Not sure how it's different than any other weekend, except that they are probably all wearing a new tie to work today. On another note, I wonder what Kanye got for father's day.

3. Bindi Irwin. The 14 year old daughter of Steve Irwin is NOT dead. I know you were all worried and concerned, but apparently the false report of her death spread like wildfire across the Twitterverse.

4. Justin Rose. He won the U.S. Open this weekend, and unless you are a huge golf fan or spent all yesterday watching golf with dad, you probably missed it.

5. The Spurs. They went up one game on the Heat in the NBA Finals last night. One more win that they can call themselves NBA Champions once again. And will also be able to drink for free anywhere in Cleveland (LeBron joke).


6. Miss Connecticut. Or, I guess we should now call her Miss. USA.

So, how was your weekend?? I bet it was more exciting than mine, but probably not more exciting that Miss Connecticut's.

Also, we have a winner on the Essie Nail Polish giveaway!! Click here to see if it was you!

Linking up with Weekend Shenanigans, This Weekend I, The GFC Collective, Mingle Monday, I Heart Bloglovin




9 comments:

  1. We bought a house, so our weekend was crazy.... And Im exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have Miss Connecticut beat - I guess getting engaged is kind of noteworthy, huh? :-)

    fluentinsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, I didn't win, oh well! And thanks for the weekend update, I didn't know most of those things you wrote about, so now it's like I read the weekend news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been living under a rock and JUST learned that Kimye had their baby. LOL. I guess that I had a good excuse though. We were traveling to the beach. :)
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding bedroom accessories is SO HARD. I feel your pain. Also I didn't know Kimye had their baby so that's news. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to know Kim and Kanye's baby name (I can't bring myself to call them Kimye), mostly so I can judge them.

    Also? I spent HOURS looking for bedding at Macy's in store and online, finally found one that we both agreed on, and then they DISCONTINUED it a month later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dying to know Kimye's baby name!

    I was so happy Justin Rose won the US Open.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously why does everyone care about Kim's baby!? I just don't get it. I really hope she names her w/ something that does not start w/ a K!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!