Monday, August 12, 2013

Picnic at the Park

The weather actually cooperated with us this weekend and we were able to have a little picnic on Saturday like I had planned. We packed a lunch, rented a couple bikes and headed down to Freedom park where we settled in next to this pond. It was beautiful, albeit a little warm, and there were hardly any people around. We loved just being able to sit and relax outside.

1. Friday night, B and I stayed in and made another pizza. This weekend it was BBQ chicken inspired by Amie. :)
2. We have been taking advantage of the nice evening weather and taking walks around town. 
3. Saturday morning I made a trip to the grocery store for some food for our picnic and found the most amazing coffee creamer: Somoa Girl Scout Cookie flavor (caramel and coconut). Sunday I went back and got the Thin Mint flavor.
4. Charlotte, like some other big cities, has bikes to rent that you can just pick up and drop off at any designated bike rack around town. We are lucky enough to have one right by our apartment so we picked up some bikes and rode to the park. 
5. B found us a picnic table right by the pond where we had a great view (above) where we enjoyed our paninis, carrots, and dessert.
6. The real reason I dragged B out to the park was get some wedding stuff done. We came up with a pretty good to-do list and timeline to get everything done.
7. I ran to the mall to check out some sales, and I found a beautiful green silk skirt at Ann Taylor for $19 when it was $118. Pretty stoked about that purchase. 
8. Sunday after church B and I grabbed a healthy brunch: egg white and veggie omelet with fruit and toast.
9. Sunday marked our official "2 months til the wedding" panic excitement!


How was your weekend?

Linking up with Weekend Shenanigans, This Weekend I, The GFC Collective

 

8 comments:

  1. this looks like such a lovely weekend, Lindsey! And way to go on that sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my coffee drinker friends LOVEEE that coffee creamer flavor, too! Looks like a great weekend; homemade pizza is the best. Picnic is such a perfect idea when the weather is nice. It's SO hot and miserable here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deal on that skirt! I want to try the Thin Mint creamer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for only 2 months to go!!! And that park is gorgeous! What a great place to have a picnic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooOOOooo 2 months to go! Now the excitement starts... :)
    Happy Monday!
    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  6. great buy on the tank top! those tarts look sooo good!! Happy 2month mark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your Instas of those creamers make me want to run to the store ASAP - and I don't even take milk or flavors in my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! Freedom Park is my favorite place here in Charlotte after the Whitewater Center! Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!