It's only Thursday? This week has felt so long. Maybe because I am getting used to my new routine...which is not a routine at all. Oh well, tomorrow is Friday. And maybe by then we will have all of our boxes unpacked.
Yeah...it's probably not going to happen.
Today, I feel like accepting all the crazy and disorganized mess in my life.
It's okay....
...that I still step over boxes to get my breakfast in the morning.
...that none of our old furniture really works in this apartment.
...to not drive into the office today because it's supposed to snow this afternoon.
...that I find the office more depressing because I miss my Dallas coworkers.
...that I feel like I'm dating again because B and I are trying to make some friends, which means setting up "friend dates".
...that I feel like B and I are probably the poorest people in our apartment complex.
...to tell anyone who will listen that Claire Danes and Damien Lewis stay in this building when they are filming Homeland (right now that is an unsubstantiated rumor).
...that I really just want to bake something, but have no one and nothing to bake for!
...that we can't find our can opener, so we have had to resort to some uncivilized means to get a can open.
...to really not know where a lot of our kitchen utensils ended up.
...that I have referred to B multiple times as "my husband" this week.
...to not really miss Dallas. But I do miss the people!


omg i had the same issue with the can opener when i first moved into my place! i had to resort to meat scissors ... which could've ended very badly but i got thru it. good luck with everything :)
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the GYB blog hop!
Trish @ Tales from ...
You can bake for me! I welcome baked goods any day of the week. ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://wonderwhatsnextblog.blogspot.com
Haha, friend dates can be so hard ... it's like setting up playdates for your kids, except with your manfriend. "This is Ben, Ben likes baseball too!"
ReplyDeleteHi there. I'm peeking in from the GYB Blog hop. I've enjoyed looking around your blog and am your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteJen @ CraftyMisAdventures.com
Also popping in from GYB linking party :-) I love baking far more than my hips say I should so whenever I get that urge I find someone to give it too. It'd be a great way to meet your new neighbors (and possibly confirm the rumor that Clare Danes and Damien Lewis are living there...could you imagine knocking on that door with a plate of brownies?!)
ReplyDeleteHope your friend dates go well and you connect with some really great people soon and settle into your new home :-)
http://www.whatmartysees.com/
Can openers seem to be the thing that always goes missing in our moves! Making new friends is the hardest :( but I'm sure you'll have plenty soon!!
ReplyDeleteAnd, you should bake for your new co-workers & B's coworkers. Or better yet, I think you should substantiate that rumor & bake for Claire Danes and Damien Lewis then tell us about it!!
Feel free to send me baked goods :-p Making new friends in a new place is tough, but hang it there girl!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on surviving the move itself!