![]() |
1. Be more fashionable. - I have definitely been a little more daring in my fashion choices.
2. Plant an herb garden. - I did...then it died. Texas summers are just too hot.
3. Learn a new word every day. - That lasted about a month.
4. Become CPA eligible. - Sadly, I am not even one credit closer than I was last year.
5. Sew more. - I did quite a bit of sewing this year. Mostly trial and error, but its something!
6. Go to Napa Valley. - Nope.
7. Run a 10k. - I didn't run an official 10k, but I did run do the 8 mile Turkey Trot. I will count it.
8. Read Unbroken, Killing Lincoln, and the Post American World. - No, yes, and yes.
9. Learn how to make macaroons. - Sadly, no. I will keep this on the list for next year. 50% isn't THAT bad. Right? Maybe I should make more realistic goals for myself.
One of the things I've seen recently is making a monthly goal for yourself instead of an annual goal. It is hard to keep things up for a year. Or, even worse, you think you have all year to get it done so you end up procrastinating. So, this year, I am giving myself one resolution for the month. And hopefully that will carry over throughout the year.
January- Organize workspace and create work schedule for when I work from home.
February - Update my budget.
March - Take a cookie class.
April - Join a group or club.
May - Only watch 30 minutes of TV per night.
June - Complete 1 book each week.
July - No shopping for non-necessities.
August - Write 10 letters and send to friends.
September - Drink only water (and maybe the occasional coffee).
October - Take a picture every day.
November - Run 40 miles.
December - Host a party.
I think part of my January resolution will be to print out this list and put it up near my desk so I can be reminded of my goal for the month.
What are your New Years resolutions?




Wow, that is an impressive list - both actually! I also have been wanting to go to Napa and learn how to make macaroons - maybe in 2013?
ReplyDelete40 miles is a huge deal - in one stretch or all together during one month? I am currently training for the LA marathon, but even those 26.2 miles scare me! Good luck with all of your goals and happy new year!
Happy New Year, Lindsay. Many blessings!!
ReplyDelete-rekita
LovelyArmyWife.com
love your month by month list, thats a great way to do it!
ReplyDeleteI love the monthly goal list! Depending on how intense you want to budget, I love YNAB!! I'd be happy to share any info about it with you! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!