Saturday, B and I walked down the street to the Atherton Market, which is kind of like a mini farmer's market. I think B and I will make this a weekly event.
![]() |
| Source |
Saturday night we went on a "date" with some new friends! One of the girls in my old book club back in Dallas introduced us over email, so we set up a dinner for Charlotte restaurant week. The food was great and so was the company!
Sunday was errand day. And boy did we have a ton of errands. We are still trying to get things organized in the apartment, so we had a few stops to make. It was on this trip that I discovered the most amazing app ever, ShopKick, which I wrote about yesterday.
I came home and finally got to do some baking!! I attempted my very first homemade marshmallow! I also made some Valentines Day pound cake.
Since we picked up a fresh loaf of bread at the Atherton Market, I attempted to recreate one of my favorite sandwiches . The Turkey Club sandwich is actually not that complicated. We will definitely be putting this in the rotation.
Gosh, now that I write it all down, we were pretty busy this weekend. Maybe next weekend we will get to relax a little more.
How was your weekend?
P.S. If you are a college student or know a college student, you definitely need to check out the giveaway I have going on sponsored by Campus Book Rentals!
Linking up for Weekend Update and the GFC Collective






That Shopkick app looks interesting, I'll have to check it out! And that sandwich looks delicious, looks like one you would get straight from the deli!!
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks yummy and is so cute with the hearts!
ReplyDelete-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
JCrew Giveaway!
So that Shopkick looks like both a blessing and a curse lol. I am trying to save money but I found I just double the amount I get when things are on sale! Beh.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!! You can go to the following link for the rules! Can't wait to learn more about you.
http://itsgoodtobequeen13.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-monday-award.html
Oh my, where do I begin with this post! So much good food!!! That market looks so fun. What a great little outing.
ReplyDeleteValentine's pound cake looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteHow did the marshmallows turn out? I've been dying to make my own but I'm a bit nervous about it!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower from the blog hop!
the cake is aweome, I may be a copy cat soon! and do you live in Charlotte? How fun, I live in Raleigh and travel to Charlotte quite frequently.
ReplyDelete