Saturday, July 28, 2012

Craft Day Saturday


I have said many times since getting engaged that I would like to personally make many of the decorations instead of buying or renting them. Here is the list that I have started of the crafts that I would like to make for our wedding.

Pinterest
Ok, so these may look a little abstract for a wedding, but since I am getting married right by the ocean...and sand is in abundance in San Diego... it would be easy to work it into the decor. Instead of molding it around bowl, I could mold it around vases or votives.

Pinterest
I really love these letters spelling out 'Love' and would be perfect for a wedding. I could also make them for our monogram letters or just the letter R. I was also thinking that I could make the table numbers using this technique.

Pinterest
Another yarn project. This is one that I think I will definitely do for the wedding. I have already started saving jars and asked my mom to do the same. I will test out a few different options, including using colored yarn, rope, or twine.

Pinterest
I plan on doing all the paper items for the wedding (save the dates, invites, programs, etc) myself. That would also include these little guys: wine glass identifiers. My main motivation for making these? Hopefully they will save us some money because people will waste less wine if they know where there glass is. I might make them say something a little more fun like "Hands off! This is ___'s drink."

Pinterest

Our ceremony venue won't need a whole lot of decorating (one perk of getting married outside), but I think these little hearts that line the aisle are adorable. I wonder if my venue will let me stick them in the grass?

Pinterest
I really, really want to have lawn games at our wedding. I want people to enjoy the outdoor area and the beautiful scenery. I am really hoping it will work out with our venue. If it does, I would love to make some personalize corn hole boards. I don't know that I would put our profiles on there, but some sort of personalization.

Happy Saturday!! Hope someone is doing a craft for me today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!