What is your favorite store to shop at?
I am a regular at Gap. I am fortunate to work at a company that is pretty casual so I don't have to wear suits every day. I buy all my work pants from Gap since they sell longs in the store. Plus, their vanity sizing doesn't hurt. I have been loving Ann Taylor and LOFT lately. Most of my recent purchases have come from both stores.If you could afford anything and everything, which designer brand would you covet?
I would definitely shop more at J Crew. Right now I can't justify buying much from there, but if I can afford ANYTHING, I would go crazy.
I would definitely not feel guilty about splurging at Kate Spade either. I would also have a shoe closet full of Christian Louboutins and David Atwoods. For special occassions I would go with Oscar de la Renta and Jenny Peckham. Ahh...to dream.
Must have closet staple?
For work: The perfect black trousers, tailored to you if possible, and a nice slim-cut blazer. I have quite a few in a variety of colors. Colors make the blazer a little less professional, so it's great for a more casual work environment, or to dress up jeans on a Friday.
| Zara |
| Banana Republic |
For shoes: A nude closed toed shoe, a black open toed shoe, a colorful sandal or wedge, and a fun yet versatile flat.
| Lulus |
See my dream shoes above. Realistically, I buy most of my shoes at DSW or online via some sort of sale. I am definitely a shoe girl and like to have lots of options, but I can't buy them all at full price. I don't really favor one brand over the other nor one style over another. Like I said, I like to have options.
Best clothing deal you've ever gotten? (sale or amazing find)
Well, I got a great deal just the other day. On Friday, Loft had a 50% off everything coupon. Even better: the sale items were 50% off the sale price PLUS an additional 50% off with the coupon. I found these nice cotton button-down camp shirts, one in pink one and white, originally $50, marked down to $45 (not much of a sale), then 50% off and another 50% off. Then ended up being $11 a piece. I was pretty proud of that.
| LOFT |
Also, if you are ever in Phoenix/Scottsdale, you need to hit up a store called Last Chance. Basically one step down from Nordstrom's Rack. We think its everything that's been returned to Nordy's or didn't sell. I bought a pair of Seven jeans there a few years ago (6 maybe) for $30. I wore them until just last year when they finally wore out and tore. I would say I definitely got my money out of those. If you do enough digging you can find some great things for next to nothing.
Style you'd love to try?
I'm obsessed with color right now, and I would love to pull off the colored skinny jean trend, but I just don't have the legs for it. So if you do, please wear some colored skinny jeans for me!
| Zara |



Hahahaha, God bless the vanity sizing. I always leave feeling so good about myself :)
ReplyDeleteI love that Gap has long in stores!! It is so hard to find any kind of pant for me being 5'8"
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with The Blogger Party!
ReplyDeleteKeep spreading the word on facebook and twitter, I really appreciate!
Thank you so much for the love & support!!
xoxo
Lauren
thebloggerparty.blogspot.com