Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hey, It's Okay Thursday


This is my very first It's Okay Thursday link-up with Neely. Not really sure why I haven't linked-up for this before, because this "Hey, it's okay..." attitude is right up my alley. I felt compelled to write this post this week after a couple conversations I had this weekend about wedding planning. So here it goes...

It's okay....

...that I have been looking forward to registering for gifts since before we got engaged. I'm not sure what that says about me, but it can't be good.

...that I almost bought 3 wedding dresses online on Friday. They were deeply discounted and I could return them, so don't worry...I'm not THAT crazy.

...that I can't watch those TLC wedding shows anymore because I feel like they are too judgmental.

...that I am allowing my bridesmaids to pick their own dresses in navy. And, yes, I know navy can be different shades.

...that the groomsmen may not be dressed identically either.

...that B and I may have an uneven number of attendants.

...that I don't want a traditional wedding cake.

...that I am stealing my friend's ideas from their weddings.

...that I want to look and feel my best on my wedding day, even if that means losing a few pounds. I wouldn't be the first bride to go on a pre-wedding diet.

...that I will probably spend more money on my wedding shoes that on my wedding dress.

...that I don't want to have a bouquet or garter toss.


...that I'm excited to show off my hometown to B's friends and family.

...that B and I won't be going on our honeymoon right away.

...that I probably won't be changing my name right away, either (see above - Passport issues).

...that I am not looking forward to any part of the wedding where the attention is only on me...I'm in trouble.

...that I wish I could blow my budget on just about everything.

Boy, that was good to get off my chest!

For all former brides, what were some of the things that you wanted (or did) to say, "Hey, it's okay" about?

5 comments:

  1. Love this. I really like when wedding parties are kind of mismatched in their attire. As long as they don't majorly clash with eachother and you give some boundaries I think it's nice to give them the option to wear their own style and it will make them a lot more comfortable! When my hubby and I got married there was a lot of family drama on both sides and we refused to let that become a part of our day so we said "hey it's okay if we want our wedding to be all about us" and we decided to have a destination wedding with just the 2 of us! It was perfect and we still had the big reception when we came back and I put my dress back on and the whole nine yards. No stress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been married a year already and am still in the process of changing my name on things. its such a pain! LOL

    we also delayed our honeymoon and it was still fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got married 5 months ago. We waited 2 months to go on our honeymoon and it was a good idea. I changed my name a month after. Its an easy process in NJ. Also I didn't have a traditional cake. My husband and I had our first date and got engaged in an apple orchard so we had our baker make us a tree cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree with all the comments of delaying the honeymoon. We totally should have done that! I like the idea of having varying shades of navy--sounds like fun.

    New follower-would love for you to stop by my blog!
    Angela
    http://angelabrabon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all the wedding fun!! Sounds like your Thursday is consumed with wedding planning thoughts! I'm sure it's going to turn out so great though! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, wanted to send some blog love back! :) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!