Friday, October 26, 2012

Liebster Award

Well, this is fun...I found out the other day that Christa from Significance or Nothing nominated be for a Liebster Award! Pretty cool. You may not of heard of the Liebster Award, so let me fill you in: The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.


The Ruels rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs! 

11 Random facts:
1. I grew up a mile from the ocean, but do not know how to surf. Do not let this picture fool you.
Don't worry, this water is 2 feet deep.

2.  I have 2 degrees, yet I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Actually, that's not true I want to be Martha Stewart, minus the whole jail thing.

3. I am a terrible speller. There are plenty of words that I still have to still sound out phonetically in order to spell them right like 'restaurant' or 'definitely' (took 3 tries). Also, any word that has multiple double letters, like 'committee' will never get spelled right the first time.

4. I love handwriting. It made me sad that it's not being taught in some schools anymore. I encourage all of you to write everything in cursive today!

5. I yell a lot when driving. I don't yell a lot in normal life, just when I'm behind the wheel. I think it scares B.

6. I hate scary movies. Can't watch them. But I do like the show Dexter...weird?

7. I literally have to change the channel or shield my eyes from the TV is someone on it starts doing something to embarrass themselves or gets into an embarrassing situation.

8. I won't eat a banana if there is any hint of a brown spot on it.

9. I don't like fish, but I love sushi.

10. I used to know how to play the clarinet and piano. I doubt I could play either now. I should take some piano lessons again.

11. I find it hard to come up with 11 random facts about me.

Questions from Christa

1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in San Diego, Calif. I was so spoiled to grow up in such a lovely city. Maybe one day I will move back, but for now Texas is treating me really well!
2. Do you have an article of clothing that you cannot get rid of no matter how worn it is?
I don't think I will ever be able to get rid of the dress I wore on B and I's first date. I have worn it a lot since then (as recently as this summer). But even when it is out of style or much too small I don't think I will be able to give it up. 
Thank goodness the roomies took this picture! I was so embarrassed!
 3. Have a bucket list? What's the number one thing on it?
I don't have a formal bucket list (every once and a while I toy with the idea of drafting one up), but if there would be one thing that would be at the top of it it would be to travel to every continent, except, of course, Antarctica. I can mark off Europe and North America, so now I just need South America, Asia, and Australia.
4. Beauty product you cannot live without?
Definitely tinted moisturizer. I love Laura Mercier's, but that's not always in the budget. My new favorite is one by Boots No. 7, which I believe was less than $12 at Target.
5. What is your favorite season of the year, and why?
If I were still in San Diego, I would say summer. But in Texas, the summer is pretty miserable, so I am going to go with Fall. There is just so much going on in the Fall. Weather's cooler so there are lots of festivals and fairs. Football has started. Holiday's are ramping up. It's a great time of year.

6. Why do you blog?
I started to blog to share my adventures of wedding planning, but found that because the wedding was so far off, those adventures were few and far between. Now I blog just as a creative outlet for my baking, crafting, sewing...you name it. I was already reading a ton of blogs as a way to get ideas, so I thought I would throw my hat in the ring as well!

7. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Is hindsight a superpower? I would love to be able to look in the future to see what was going to happen (Yes, 1994 self, I should buy this Apple, Inc. stock even though their computers suck and they just got rid of Steve Jobs...one day it will be worth $700 per share!! No 2001 self, you should not wear that tight and shiny dress to Homecoming...it does not photograph well).
8. Favorite song? You know, the one you sing at the top of your lungs when no one is around.
Right now, my favorite song is 'Even if it Breaks Your Heart' by Will Hoge. If you are a country fan, you probably know the Eli Young Band version. But I could listen to the Will Hoge version (the original) over and over again. I don't hear it on the radio very much, but when I hear either version I can't help but belt it out in the car.

9. What was your first job?
My very very first real job (like had to pay taxes on it and stuff) was working at a bathing suit store in Mission Bay in San Diego. It is still there (I think). Pilar's. It had been around for years before I worked there too. My mom used to shop there when I was little and reminds me all the time about a the time I decided to yell out in the middle of the store, "mommy, you can't wear that...you're fat!" Which she absolutely was not (probably thinner than I am now). I was such a lovely child, wasn't I?

10. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
If I just had tons of spare time (like no job, no errands, no worries) I would probably cook and craft all day. I really enjoy cooking dinner for B and I. And baking. I love baking. Or maybe it's eating the baked goods? Right now I find some little project to fill the time here and there, like sewing a skirt, or making some sort of art piece for the wall. 

11. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
Definitely Christmas. Not for the presents, although I do love giving gifts (and don't mind getting them either), I really love the whole season that has been created around the holiday. The decorations, the events, the traditions, and then of course, its also the time I get to go home and see my family. I try to get home more than once a year, but this year, I will only be home at Christmas. This will be the last year that I will be home for Christmas as just me. Next year, B and I will start our own traditions and will have to switch back and forth between families for Christmas.

My Questions
1. What would your last meal be?
2. What is your guilty pleasure (i.e. chocolate, red wine, shopping, etc)?
3. What blog(s) or blogger(s) inspire you?
4. Where would you dream vacation be?
5. What advice would you give to your high school self now?
6. What is your favorite blog post that you have writte thus far (include a link)?
7. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
8. What is 1 thing you would like to accomplish by next year?
9. What is your favorite board/party game?
10. What is your hands down favorite store?
11. What is your favorite TV show currently on air?

My Picks

5 comments:

  1. Your fact about yelling in the car sounds just like me! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Christmas is by far my favourite season too - I love the atmosphere the holidays create.

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is soo nice! Thank you so much <333

    xoxox Yesi <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...I love Martha Stewart. Your blog is so cute! I'm a new follower. :-)

    Stef

    http://missjoandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for the nomination!

    I am so honored I am one of your "daily reads". That really made my day and put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a bunch for nominating me! Maaaade my day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!