Sunday, October 21, 2012

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

Monday: The Vegan Chili I made today will definitely feed us again tomorrow, which is great! As much as I love cooking. Some nights, its nice just to not worry about it.

Tuesday: Black Bean Burgers from All Recipes. These are great with a mango, or other fruit based salsa!




Wednesday: Cuban Chicken adapted from Guy Fieri's Cuban Porkchop recipe. I am basically subbing the pork for chicken. We don't eat a ton of pork and we always have chicken on hand, so no need to spend the extra money.

Thursday: Mini Burritos (or as B calls them "burritoito's"). The filling for these bad boys is essentially the same as these stuffed bell peppers. But instead I spoon the filling in the middle of an egg roll wrapper, wrap it up, and bake in a 375 oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.


Friday: B and I rarely cook breakfast...even on weekends, so I thought it would be fun to whip up some pancakes and eggs for dinner. These pumpkin pancakes from Martha Stewart look pretty tasty! Maybe I will add some vanilla protein powder to make them more nutritional and filling.


Sunday: Slow-cooked Teriyaki Chicken by Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen. I love to serve this over un-dressed coleslaw (basically shredded cabbage and carrots) to make it a but healthier and lower carb.

I'd love to hear what you are cookin' up this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I try to reply to all comments by email!